The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 13, 2011, 03:43 PM   #1
Quan

700 varmint magazine

I have a Remington 700 Varmint in .308 with the internal magazine. My question is hw difficult is it to switch the rifle over to removeable magazine? Is it even possible? I have heard all there isn't much involved but then again I don't know that his opinion is very creditable. Thanks for any help.
Old March 13, 2011, 11:51 PM   #2
NESHOOTER

Quan, If your talking about a ADL version of the remy 700 some gunsmithings is required and can be done some of the normal higher end unit are about 400.00 and up but cabelas sells a Kwik clip for around 90.00 and you can buy additional larger cap mags and I would consider reading some of the reviews some are not favorable but it would depend what your upgrade requirement are budget or at any price? So I hope this helps you.
Old March 14, 2011, 09:06 PM   #3
Quan

Thanks a lot. I looked at the piece Cabelas has and it looks like what I would like to do. I don't think I'll use that one. The guy I talked to before said it could be done with all factory Remington parts and some machine work on the stock. I don't mind the setup now but removable mags are much more convienient. Thanks again for your input.
Quan