The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old November 9, 2001, 09:38 PM   #1
LilJoe

TFL NE Ohio, Western PA 11/24/01

Have had a couple of e-mails say that we need to get another TFL meet together. Well the time might be right since we lost our contract and now I may be going back over the road. So does anyone from Northern Ohio and Western Penna, if there are any, want to get another shoot together? I'm sure the price would be the same as it was before if we use the range. And this time we can set up the tables in the back room for lunch and beverages. Let us know and we can see what we can set up.

Joe and Marci

P.S. If your in the Pittsburg area it's only about 45 to 60 minutes plus you can give us more info on the range out there by the airport! Looks like they have alot to offer.

Last edited by LilJoe; November 9, 2001 at 10:34 PM.
Old November 9, 2001, 09:45 PM   #2
hksigwalther

I'll be there if it's not this weekend or next (I'll be out of town on business).
Old November 9, 2001, 09:46 PM   #3
LilJoe

Out of towner?

Wheren't you going out of town the last time? LOL

So now we know what weekend to plan it. Weekend after next. Would that be the weekend after Thanksgiving??? Wow maybe people will be up in the area from school!
Old November 9, 2001, 10:02 PM   #4
Hal

Joe,
I'm always up for it. Tomorrow might be a bit rough since I have to have a bone graft done on my jaw at 8:00AM. Maybe if I bring the Doc along
Old November 9, 2001, 10:10 PM   #5
LilJoe

At least your offering to bring the doc so he can do it there! I'm sure you would have an audience! We may even offer to help. And then while oyur out we'll make sure your guns are dirtied up so you can clean them when you get home! That way you won't feel like you missed anything! LOL Just kidding. hope everything is ok.... Was personally thinging of Saturday the 24th. From noon till 1800. Or we can adjust it and get the key and open the range up for him. Sundays seems to be his busier day right now so saturday we could have the whole other side with out the lanes again and not interfere with anything.

Joe
Old November 9, 2001, 10:28 PM   #6
Hal

Offer to help him?!?! Nooooooooo!!! LOL! Joe you're all heart.
Saturdays work better for me than Sunday's. The 24th is the Saturday after Thanksgiving if it makes any difference. I'll make sur I bring some Binnie Laden targets.

Hey, speaking of ole' ugly. I ran regedit on my Windows 98 machine and searched for recycle bin. I changed every instance of recycle bin to Recycle Bin Laden Now the trashcan on my desktop says what I think we all feel should be done.
Old November 11, 2001, 04:23 PM   #7
LilJoe

Checked with Larry, the non lane side is all ours. So it's time to see who all will be able to make it and what do we want to do besides shoot,bs, and shoot?
Old November 17, 2001, 03:18 AM   #8
Hal

Still on for the 24th?
Old November 17, 2001, 04:09 AM   #9
LilJoe

Yes we are still on for the 24th. Hope we can get more people to show. The more the merrier! noon till 6pm. Maybe everyone will wait till the end of the week to post. Anyone need directions let me know and I'll get them to you.
Old November 21, 2001, 01:41 PM   #10
LilJoe

The 24 is almost here. Since the holiday is tomorrow most of us should know what are plans are. So who's all coming?? And any ideas on things to shoot rather than just paper? Don't let Marci talk you into using me either! I'm trying to get some bowling pins but haven't heard back yet. We have the whole room to ourselves. We could even set up some type of IDPA course. Let the ideas fly!
Old November 21, 2001, 09:37 PM   #11
Hal

99% certain I'll be there.

I may have a couple of old computer monitors if that's ok.
Old November 21, 2001, 09:46 PM   #12
LilJoe

I don't think he would let us shoot monitors... Too much glass.. Considering we will be painting that room sunday. I know I've wanted to shoot my computer a few times!
Old November 22, 2001, 05:18 AM   #13
3 gun

90% sure I'll be in on this. Can we shoot clays in the field next to the parking lot? I have some bowling pins I can bring. Forgot to ask, Is the indoor range OK for rifles? SKS M1 Carbine kind of stuff? Be a good idea to post range info for any last minute shooters. FYI, American Range 12288 Mahoning Ave North Jackson 44451 (330)538-2737 hope thats all still correct info.
Opportunity knocks..Trouble kicks down the door.
Old November 22, 2001, 11:19 PM   #14
LilJoe

I think that info is still correct.. I never call there I'm always there! LOL As for rifles his policy is no unless they are handgun caliber. This is due to a couple of crazys! And The roads are to close to shoot outside. Clays would be fun! The next meet you should plan one that we could.. I could probably set something up for an outdoor meet on a Sunday in Rootstown right off of 224. I'm sure we could set something up there like a fire and plenty of room to shoot rifles!!!! But it would have to be on a Sunday. He works 6 days a week. But you could get some pretty good yardage. If anyone needs directions to the American Range e-mail me at [email protected] and I will reply with directions.
Old November 24, 2001, 05:42 PM   #15
LilJoe

RAE,
Thanks for the nice time. It is a pleasure shooting with you. Now I have something to practice and see if I can get a grip on it. Anytime you are heading out that way let us know and we will meet up with you there. I don't this range is going to close.. LOL

Joe and Marci
Old November 24, 2001, 06:29 PM   #16
Hal

Joe,
Likewise. Thanks, to both you and Marci. Next time I'm out that way I'll be sure to give you a shout. I had a great time. LOL! Even though I just now finished cleaning the last gun.

You'll get the hang of it, not to worry. That group you shot with my CZ75 and Kadet .22 conversion was really great seeings how that was the first time you shot it. (You'll notice I snatched it away PDQ, cause I was afraid you were going to show me up )

Rich
Old November 24, 2001, 09:43 PM   #17
LilJoe

I think the cleaning sovents have gotten to you! I'm still waiting to get ahold of Scott to ask about shooting out there. We could get a heck of a good time out there. Just have to see what we can get together. And hope for anything but storms.

Joe and Marci
Old November 25, 2001, 07:45 AM   #18
Hal

Sounds good. Keep me (us) posted.
Old November 29, 2001, 04:18 AM   #19
Engineer

hey guys, sorry I missed out on this one ... I've been out of town, actually out of country for a couple of months now (haven't touched a firearm in almost 3 months, oh the pain!). Hopefully there'll be something in the new year as the weather starts warming up.
Old November 29, 2001, 05:08 AM   #20
LilJoe

No problem.. The next one I get together should be alot of people coming out to.. Just to give a little clue. Pastures as far as the guys can see, clays, steel plates and targets, paper targets, groundhogs of they are brave enough, nice warm fire to take the chill off, oh and cold beverages for later! A little something for everything from handgun to high power rifle. Oh and can't forget the spud gun! LOL
Old November 29, 2001, 10:58 AM   #21
3 gun

I'll try to not sleep all day on this one.
Opportunity knocks..Trouble kicks down the door.
Old November 29, 2001, 10:41 PM   #22
LilJoe

Mark, yea right! LOL I'm sure the next one if goes as planned you won't miss! LOL Might have to rent a trailer though! LOL
Old April 18, 2002, 08:37 PM   #23
Jamie Young

Why don't you guys cruise out to Eastern PA for the next PA shoot May 4th. Last time we had 13 TFL members how up. And some of them came from pretty darn far.
Old April 19, 2002, 09:14 PM   #24
falconer

I'd be up for may 4th, but we're having a surprise party for my great great uncle's birthday.

If you have one in June, I'd probably be able to make it.

Also, the steel plate shoots at Tusco rifle club in Midvale, OH have pretty much become the meeting spot for us Ohio TFLers. Usually the 3rd Sunday of the month. The shoot is this weekend if you guys are interested, we'll be having a few TFLers from Indiana joining us.