The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old August 16, 2013, 02:18 PM   #1
Pahoo

A++ to; Boyds Gunstock

Recently ordered a replacement laminated thumbhole stock for a Savage MKII .22 rifle. Prior to placing the order, I phoned the sale's department to resolve some concerns I had. The fella I spoke with, knew his product and basically confirmed what I needed. Delivery was excellent and the fit, was even better. Although they state that minor fitting may be required, Mine fit like a glove. There are some internal rough edges that I need to dress up but only by my choice. Not only that, the pricing was reasonable. I like to give credit where credit is due. ....

Be Safe !!!
Old August 24, 2013, 07:33 PM   #2
Shane Tuttle
Staff

I ordered two stocks from Boyds for Marlin 795s that were to be used at Appleseed. My gunsmith went to town fitting them without a hiccup. Finish and quality of wood was outstanding and their prices are very low. I really don't know how you charge $100 for a stock that should be at least twice that, but no complaints here...

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old September 13, 2013, 08:15 AM   #3
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

I just bought a stock from Boyds too. Good price, quick service. My only complaint is the included recoil "pad". It's a joke (essentially a solid piece of rubber at most 1/2" thick) so plan to replace it if you're shooting anything with substantial recoil.

Otherwise, nice stock, good price, quick shipping, I'm happy.
Old November 7, 2013, 11:25 PM   #4
Jay24bal

Happy Customer Here

I wanted to chime in and say Boyds' did well by me also.

I ran into 2 different issues with a stock I ordered for my Savage Axis. They recently released the stock for the first time mid-October, and some prototypes that were not 100% made it out the door.

After calling them, they presented me with two options:

1. Send me a new stock (overnight shipping) with return postage included for free

2. Have a tech talk to me and walk me through the steps needed to alter the stock to work. If I went this route and messed it up or was unable to make it work, I would still option #1 available to me.

Well, the fitting work was very minor and after 10 minutes with a small file and some sandpaper, I was good to go. Fits like a glove, and looks great.

I have always liked their stock for their aesthetics as well as the function, but now can fully endorse their customer service as well.

For the money, their stocks can not be beat.

Once Fired Brass, Top quality, Fast shipping, Best prices.
http://300AacBrass.com/ -10% Coupon use code " Jay24bal "
Old November 8, 2013, 10:37 AM   #5
Pahoo

Great support and fit !!!

Quote:
2. Have a tech talk to me and walk me through the steps needed to alter the stock to work. If I went this route and messed it up or was unable to make it work, I would still option #1 available to me.
They do have very good tech support and in one instance, they seemed to know my rifle's features, better that I did. They do have a disclaimer stating that there might be some fitting required but so far, all my fits have been good and tight, our of the box !!! ....

Be Safe !!!