The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old October 7, 2013, 05:14 PM   #1
Babychief

Hot shots holly hill florida

It was raining the day i wanted to test a Colt enhanced 1911. so i went to a local indoor range that had a weekly challenge to beat.
I compete usually with my GLOCK-17C but i only brought the 1911.
I decided to try the challenge and beat the current record.

Its 4targets at 10yards in 10 seconds with 8 rounds, 80 points max being the ten ring with every round on each target for 100%.

I beat it with a 60 out of 80 first time out with my 1911 with cheap tula ammo
Try it next time you go to range and have someone time you.

Old October 10, 2013, 11:59 AM   #2
Don P

Nicely done. I'm not far from that range. Unfortunately the former owner had/has a bad business attitude and I stated I would never return to do ANY business there and that was back in 2006. I hold firm today with the view point.
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old October 10, 2013, 01:49 PM   #3
Babychief

DON P.

I felt the same way years ago. But Florida gun exchange was no different until the manager found out i competed..Volusia Top Gun are very nice to deal with,they are building a new indoor range near automall on tomoka farms Rd,fully auto rentals,long gun range most calibers,archery range,its going to be huge. Tell PAUL,TERRY,PALMER OR BRITTNEY,vinnie referred you. They are really nice and gave me same glock blue program price so i wouldnt have to drive to BH police supply.

If you want to go to Hotshots to shoot with my misses and I,let me know we can meet up.there is a whole new staff. adam,jeff and mike are great guys. They still dont have a large selection of firearms. But anytime i needed to test a mag in my 1911s,Rommel would just give me one of his MEC-gars to test out. I even forgot my AR mags and he loaned me one so i wouldnt have to drive home to get them. Its a different place than it used to be i promise. They dont sponsor me or anything so im telling you as someone who also values great customer service. I didnt get a hello a few years back when i went in there,then on my way home from ormond decided to stop in for giggles and walked out buying a .38spl taurus model83 and .44mag S.B.H, in stainless steel 4.5" both for $450!
They added more lighting,better AC in range and more demo pistols.

PM me if you want to meet up,ill bring a couple 1911s and glocks and my M4.
Im going to stop by there today and see if anyone beat my record yet. They have brand new Don hume holsters (hidden) in that bargain price pile,i found a few and a bianchi $8! And a galco battlebelt for my misses for $5!

Pm me if you want to go make some noise.

Regards
V-
Old October 13, 2013, 02:19 PM   #4
Glenn Dee

Hot Shots? I used to swear by that place. Once the owner stopped coming in regularly the place went to hay. I stopped going in. I loved it when Max and Sharon ran it,
Old October 13, 2013, 05:06 PM   #5
Babychief

Its better now.

Rommel at HOTSHOTS has made many changes,he is a great guy and has helped me with my competiton shooting by lending me gear,and allowing me to draw from holster at range. Strickland is awful and i dont know of any other indoor places around town.
Stop in HOTSHOTS and say Vinny referred you back there. Next time you go shoot me a P.M. And maybe we can meet up and i will introduce you to their NEW staff. The new guy is the one who timed my record and he is very friendly and helpful. Everyone there has great customer service. florida gun exchange and Topgun are both better on inventory just because they are bigger stores and deal in volume. However i found some real gems at HOTSHOTS for very cheap,they sold me a year ago ,their rental .44MAGNUM stainless S.B.H. for $300 out the door and it looked like brand new. I polished it with flitz and sold it on gunbroker for $500 after shooting it for over a year. They also sold me a nice .38special taurus model 38 for $100, both were extremely accurate and in great shape.
HOTSHOTS has a german GSG 1911 right now i was considering for my misses for $250 in box with extra mags,cleaning kit etc
They have KSGs,FALs and a few 30cal ARs priced right as well as they sell their rental Glocks for dirt cheap. I missed a Glock-17 for $300 the other day. I already own a 17c but for $300 it was a steal.

Let me know by PM if you go back there,try and beat my record while your there,i believe they have a "NO SIGHT" glock26 challenge same rules,time as the one i beat but you have to use their rental Glock26 with no sights,i missed it by 1second. Im going to try again when i get the chance

Regards,
V
Old October 14, 2013, 09:51 AM   #6
Don P

Quote:
Max
He is the reason I have sworn off Hot Shots regardless of who owns it now.
Old October 14, 2013, 03:36 PM   #7
Babychief

MAX?

Who is MAX? Ive never met a MAX there. There is MIKE a retired LEO,ADAM an ARMY SNIPER who has worked with the "mossad", ROMMEL who is very nice to me and there is a new guy "jeff" i think his name is.

I had a bad experience but i went back because they have that bargain bin of used hosters and battle belts etc.
I found so many like new Galco,Don hume and Bianchi leather holsters in there for $8-$10!

I still prefer my member ship at Volusia gun club but when its raining outside,there is no other alternative if i have a comp coming up and i need to practice. There is only so much dry firing i can do,when i get the itch,i gotta scratch it.

On another note,ive been going to every gun store in volusia:
Is it me or are used .38super revolvers impossible to find around here?
Old October 14, 2013, 08:32 PM   #8
rdmallory

Quote:
Is it me or are used .38super revolvers impossible to find around here?
Check out A1 Gun and Pawn in Deltona. They had a few race guns the last time I was in there. I just moved to Deland from Kentucky and thought Buds had a lot of guns. A1 Pawn is more of a museum.

Doug
Old October 15, 2013, 10:57 AM   #9
Don P

Quote:
Who is MAX?
Former owner of Hot Shots. **** poor business attitude. Told me he was too busy to look in his back room that housed new guns that I wanted that he stated he had multiples of in his show case.
Nothing in the show case that I was interested in and $100 over MSRP back in 2006.