The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old February 15, 2002, 09:58 AM   #1
SDC

"Try it out" match?

A couple of us at work are considering giving "cowboy action shooting" a try, and I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on setting up a "try it out" match (no period clothes, cowboy hats, chaps, etc., but single-action revolvers and shotguns of the period). We're all normally IPSC shooters, but this cowboy stuff looks like fun.
Old February 15, 2002, 11:04 AM   #2
grassy knoll

hi stace

ypu might want to talk to fred guse from grenville fish and game club, he is active in cowboy action and would be a good resource

the grenville club just bought 45 acres of land and we are hoping to set up one pit with a cowboy town

let me know how you make out

jason casselman
dvc
team cornwall
Old February 15, 2002, 02:51 PM   #3
SDC

Thanks, Jason, I'll ask Fred the next time I see him; if he can get a "town" set up, I'm sure a lot of people from EOHC will take it up. I'll probably see you and him at next week's Level II.