The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 2, 2005, 10:14 AM   #26
zen_grasshopper

Get the Surefire, they are worth every penny. There customer service is second to none.

I was chasing a fleeing suspect a week ago, and had my G2 in my V70 belt holster that was about six years old. The holsters belt loop broke sending my G2 and holster to the ground. After I apprehended the suspect, I retrieved my light to find that the bulb had broken when it hit the ground.

Long story short, Surefire will replace anything that has broken. So I called Surefire and let them know that my holster broke and fell to the ground, breaking my bulb. They asked for my address and have shipped me a new holster and bulb. Total time on the phone; 6 Minutes.

Keep in mind things that break will be replaced, you will have to buy a new bulb if it burns out from use.

Jonathan
Old November 3, 2005, 10:17 PM   #27
4x4

Defender is a GREAT light.

I just bought a defender about 3 weeks ago. Great Light. Do not look at it and turn it on. I learned the hard way !!! Anyone know the aprox life of the bulb in these lights. Also good advice on getting another light to carry on plane. I wonder if you put the red lens cover over the end of the defender if that would help you get it on the plane. Until you have one of these lights you just can't imagine how that small light can be SO MUCH brighter than a big Mag-Lite !!
Old November 5, 2005, 09:14 AM   #28
deltaopwong

All I can say is that it is one bright light! You can go with a less brighter lamp assembly (MN01?) or convert it with L1 LED lamp head...