The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 13, 2002, 10:22 PM   #1
Grouse2000.

re: HELP!!!! REm 1100 problem

Ok....here's the deal.
I took part my 20 g 1100 to clean , and now I cannot get the trigger to engage the hammer. I've re-taken it apart and put it back together per the manual's suggestions ...and still the trigger will not engage the hammer. It seems to be a pressure problem b/c the trigger WILL work the hammer with only the back trigerr housing pin in. Any ideas???
Thanks in advance!
Old December 16, 2002, 10:30 AM   #2
SDC

Your question isn't really clear on what's happening; can you put the trigger assembly back onto the receiver completely (both pins in), and then cycle the action by hand? Most problems like this involve the shell latches, because they have a habit of popping loose, so make sure they're fully staked into the sides of the receiver as you put the trigger assembly back into the bottom of the receiver. Hope this helps.