The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old February 23, 2012, 12:33 AM   #1
jonibart

Stuck mauser bolt help??

I tried to take apart my mauser bolt and the little spring at the top popped off then I messed with it some more and the safety lever dealy and the part that sits on top of the back of the firing pin also came off. Then I stuck the rest of the bolt back into the rifle and now it won't crank back out. It is totally stuck and I feel like a doosh!! Help?
Old February 23, 2012, 11:29 AM   #2
doofus47

Take a breath. We've all done it. Even without knowing exactly what model Mauser you have, I would say that there are many google references.

Try these, if you like visuals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_M_RS7l0Sw

Welcome to the firing line.
Old February 23, 2012, 03:49 PM   #3
tater134

What kind of mauser? 91,93,98? If you did what I think you did you'll need to grab onto the back of the firing pin with a pair of vise grips and pull back on it until you can rotate the bolt handle.
Old February 24, 2012, 12:57 AM   #4
jonibart

I got it fixed

I took it to a gun shop and they probably did what you said. They kind of scolded me for f ing with it before I had soaked it in paint thinner to loosen up the cosmoline. They charged me $10 bucks but that was worth it for my piece of mind. Also, they want $200 to totally clean it out and test fire. I did the soak job then finally figured out how to take it apart and put it back together again.