The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old September 17, 2012, 04:09 PM   #1
allaroundhunter

Just bought a Stag Arms 3G

Well, the title says it all. I just placed an order for a Stag Arms 3G upper for $715. The estimated delivery time is 6-8 weeks, but I could have one in as little as 3 weeks. I am very excited, as this will round out my AR (minus sights) for my 3-gun set up so that I can shoot on my university's 3-gun team. I am really looking forward to get this and slap it onto my lower and see just how good of a performer it is.

I was also told by 4 different companies that are selling them, that their price is going to rise considerably here in the next couple of weeks so I am glad that I was able to order it for its current price!
Old September 17, 2012, 04:20 PM   #2
TMD

I have a 2h, 5h, and a 6h. All have been flawless for me.
Old September 17, 2012, 04:22 PM   #3
allaroundhunter

TMD, do you have all of them as complete Stag lowers? Or on different lowers?
Old September 17, 2012, 04:25 PM   #4
bamaranger

connection

"The connection with your target is the trigger" (Cooper, or words to that effect) So make sure your rig has a good trigger.

Best of luck with 3-gun. And....can you say what Univ. has a 3 gun team?

I am pretty convinced that most centers of higher learning are anti gun with all the accessories.

My boy is talking regularly about building a 3 gun AR.
Old September 17, 2012, 04:28 PM   #5
TMD

Two of them are on Stag lowers that I built. The 5h (6.8spc) is on a RRA lower I built. To me a lower is a lower is a lower except for the poly ones, not fond of them. All the lower really does is hold the trigger group and buffer tube. I have three other lowers that I'm trying to decide what to get for uppers. I'm leaning on a big bore for the next one such as .458 SOCOM or 450 Bushmaster. If Stag offered one of these I would be all over it.
Old September 17, 2012, 04:28 PM   #6
allaroundhunter

Quote:
And....can you say what Univ. has a 3 gun team?

I am pretty convinced that most centers of higher learning are anti gun with all the accessories.
Here at Texas A&M we have just started a 3 gun team. It is in its infancy, but it is a recognized student organization (meaning it is supported by the university) and we are excited to get going! We have several sponsors that have helped, and we are hoping that more universities will join the 3-gun bandwagon!

Our school is far from anti-gun. We still have a strong tie to the military with the Corps of Cadets, and are quite a conservative-sided school when compared to most other universities.

Last edited by allaroundhunter; September 17, 2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old September 17, 2012, 09:13 PM   #7
HKFan9

Glad to hear your University is helping you guys out.

You won't be disappointed in Stag they make a great product... show us some pictures when your done with your build!
Old September 17, 2012, 10:38 PM   #8
allaroundhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKFan9 View Post
Glad to hear your University is helping you guys out.

You won't be disappointed in Stag they make a great product... show us some pictures when your done with your build!
Yes, we are very lucky and are trying to make the most of it and get other schools to follow suit. And don't worry.... I will have pictures up as soon as possible (6-8 weeks haha), until then I just have to dream about what it will look like

Sent from my HTC One X
Old September 18, 2012, 07:57 AM   #9
ernierod

Stag Arms Uppers

Does the Stag Arms uppers fit on the Armalite AR-10T lower. Tnx
Old September 18, 2012, 08:17 AM   #10
TMD

Quote:
Does the Stag Arms uppers fit on the Armalite AR-10T lower. Tnx
Nope, the 7.62 uppers and lowers are not interchangeable with standard 5.56/.223 lowers.