The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 30, 2008, 02:01 PM   #1
Pipper

dallas gun show S&W m&p 9mm price?

if anyone made it to the Market Hall show and saw prices for the above gun with the 4" barrel, I'd appreciate if you'd share the price here. I'm looking for one, and Academy Sports has them for 499.
Old November 30, 2008, 05:34 PM   #2
Stargazer

I tried to go but when I saw the line which was 3-4 deep and had wrapped around the street in front of the parking garage I just drove on home. I stopped at GunMasters on the way home and a fellow there said he stopped and asked them how long they had been in line and the answer was 2 hours and they were still 1/4 mile from the door. I heard once you got in there you could not get up to a table and if you managed to get up to the table, there were only 1-2 people working the table and you had to wait again.

M70 Web Page
Old November 30, 2008, 05:37 PM   #3
LanceOregon

Quote:
if anyone made it to the Market Hall show and saw prices for the above gun with the 4" barrel, I'd appreciate if you'd share the price here. I'm looking for one, and Academy Sports has them for 499.
That is a pretty competitive price. I would be comfortable taking it if I were you. The S&W M&P 9mm is in very high demand right now. Many dealers are simply out of stock on them currently.

Budsgunshop.com normally sells them for only $439 But they are currently out of stock in the 9mm, and only have the .40 S&W full size model in stock right now.

And Budsgunshop.com only offers that price on the full size 9mm and .40 S&W M&P models. They sell all of the rest of the various M&P models for over $500.

Old December 1, 2008, 11:41 PM   #4
Pipper

Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and got the M&P 9mm at Cabela's today for $549: they had 12 months no payments/no interest on the Cabela's Visa, so I thought that was worth the extra $50 for me. Plus, I don't think that I want the headache of the current gun show crowds.

The cheapest that I saw an M&P 9mm 4" at the Fort Worth show was $615 two weeks ago.
Old December 2, 2008, 07:09 AM   #5
sawrecker

I was at a small gun show this past weekend in Live Oak TX. it almost seemed like price gouging... If you were carrying a "assault weapon" you almost got assaulted on the floor, "you selling that"? every hand gun was up at least 50 bucks from a month ago.
The rest of us can count on bein' free."Merle Hagard"
Old December 2, 2008, 09:47 AM   #6
Logs

I bought one from Bud's when he first had them for $369. GREAT weapon. I bet they are getting harder to get since they have high cap mags. Everything with over 10 rounds is selling like hotcakes.
Old December 2, 2008, 02:00 PM   #7
LanceOregon

Quote:
I bought one from Bud's when he first had them for $369. GREAT weapon. I bet they are getting harder to get since they have high cap mags. Everything with over 10 rounds is selling like hotcakes.
The S&W M&P 9 is in exceptional demand right now, however. People are not only having a hard time finding the guns, but finding a dealer with the magazines in stock is difficult too.

CDNN Investments is said to have them in stock, however.

Old December 4, 2008, 12:11 AM   #8
Pipper

Well, I bought the M&P 9mm on Monday at Cabela's for $549: they were hard to find at Academy, and I could get 12 months no payments/no interest on the Cabela's Visa. The annoying thing is that after I got home from Cabela's on Monday, I had a flyer from them in the mail for $100 off of a $500 purchase: if I had waited until tomorrow, I could have gotten the M&P for $449! Oh, well. I'm thinking about asking them for a credit, but I doubt that they'll have pity on me.

Great weapon regardless of the price break. If I had waited, they might have easily sold out.
Old December 4, 2008, 06:51 PM   #9
Pipper

Update: Cabelas gave me the $100 off today. I would have accepted a "no" as my bad luck, but they were very agreeable. Yahoo!
Old December 4, 2008, 06:58 PM   #10
ghosst

My local shop has the .40 and the 9mm listed for $579, with the .40c for $569 which I thought was high, and checking Bud's, see Bud's have gone up in price, and don't have a full size .40.

Last edited by ghosst; December 4, 2008 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Bud's stock
Old December 5, 2008, 08:34 AM   #11
Paochow

S&W has a rebate through the end of the month... $50 back or two magazines.