The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 13, 2013, 07:53 PM   #1
roc1

Tristar Setter 20 Gauge

I won a Tristar 20 ga in a raffle pretty gun curious how good they are not really a shotgun shooter any more. I thought about selling or trading it before I shot it and devalued it was wondering how good they are worth keeping or get rid of it before I fire it.
Thanks
Roc1
Old December 13, 2013, 08:11 PM   #2
rcase1234

Haven't heard the best reviews on Tristar products but if you want to shoot her a few times it can't hurt
Old December 15, 2013, 01:44 PM   #3
BigJimP

Sell it before you shoot it ...../ Cabela's still handles the TriStar I think...

In my opinion, its not a quality gun ....but it has some value / and last I knew they had a 5 year warranty - but I don't know if it transfers to the 2nd owner.

Keep it new in a box ...and you can trade it in ( and you won't pay sales tax on the trade in value ) and get something else you do want...handgun, rifle, etc.../ if the raffle or whatever it was, has a sponsor, the sponsoring shop might take it in trade for something else as well ( I won a Beretta O/U as a grand prize a few yrs ago ...and I was able to trade it in, at the sponsoring shop, because they were also a Browning dealer...and I picked up a very nice Browning XT Trap instead )...the shop, the shoot sponsor and I were all happy.