The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old June 4, 2010, 09:05 PM   #1
klambpix

A BIG -1 for pepsiblue

Funds were sent and receipt was acknowledged by pepsiblue for a
Quote:
B-Square scope mount for a Ruger MkI or MkII, maybe a MkIII? looks new unused......$15 shipped
After numerous emails, and a follow up letter, still nothing. So until he either sends my $15 or the mount I paid for, I'll rate pepsiblue as a poor seller.

Last edited by Shane Tuttle; June 4, 2010 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Skirting language filter
Old June 4, 2010, 09:34 PM   #2
Logs

Hate to hear that I was looking at buying it myself. I hope it works out.
Old June 5, 2010, 01:29 AM   #3
Xfire68

How long has it been since you paid for it and how long has it been for a email rely?
Old June 6, 2010, 09:44 AM   #4
klambpix

He confirmed payment arrived on Feb 19, 2010. March 7th was the last communication I received from him, his last activity on this forum was 10 days later.
Old June 6, 2010, 10:33 AM   #5
Xfire68

After looking him up I now see the problem. He was a flyby and was just looking to scam you and others.

Never and I repeat never trust low post count sellers!

You had to find out the hard way.

He did not even meat the minimum requirements of the "sale" forum with "25 meaningful post in other discussion forums.

I think that forum should have even stricter rules and minimum requirements to sell items. This is a community and just because you stopped by at the gas station to fill up does not make you a community member! Just my opinion.
Old June 6, 2010, 09:53 PM   #6
Shane Tuttle
Staff

We've hashed over what rules to place and what to leave alone over and over.

Similar to gun laws, we can place all the restrictions you want, but the only entity that's truly going to protect you is you yourself. No offense to the OP, but if someone buys from low post counters, the likelyhood of being duped is moreso than actual contributers here.

Do your research, folks.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old June 6, 2010, 10:33 PM   #7
starbuck125

truly sorry about your luck, its a real shame that theirs people out there like that. hate to hear about it. i "ve always tried to treat people like i"d want to be treated. that goes for being honest, fair, truthfull.
Old June 6, 2010, 10:44 PM   #8
klambpix

Not every newbie is a scammer, I've gotten some good deals off of guys that didn't have many posts. He'd been a member since 2007, browsing his previous posts(8 that count, 172 total since joining) gave no hint of him being a flyby scammer. I did the research, and also gave him the benefit of the doubt and waited until now to say something about it. I've seen crybabies here wailing because someone didn't answer a PM in 24hrs, or send an item in two days.

Hell, I've been a member since 2006, and I only have 36 posts. Mostly I just browse the stuff for sale, maybe cruise through some of the other forums, learn a bit, but don't usually have much to say....I don't type that fast, so it takes too long, missed some good deals because of it too.

I got taken by this one, it was $15. Lesson learned, but no huge financial loss. I just posted it here so folks would know that he maybe shouldn't be trusted and maybe somebody might have the story on him...in a coma, locked up, kicked out, shipped out or gone to college. Who knows, stuff happens.

If the sum had been more substantial, I probably wouldn't have sent funds to some new guy anyway. And if I were really PO'ed, I'd post his name and address.

Last edited by klambpix; June 7, 2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old June 6, 2010, 11:15 PM   #9
Mal H
Staff

In the case of pepsiblue, I wonder if something isn't wrong other than he simply skipped town with the $15. In most cases with deadbeats, there is clear evidence that they are. However, pepsiblue has 16 for-sale threads here at TFL, most of which apparently were successful and fulfilled including several relatively high dollar pistols and rifles. His actual post count is 174.

He has several good feedback threads in this forum (and no negative ones until now) including two just days before he disappeared:
http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...ight=pepsiblue
http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...ight=pepsiblue

This may be a special case of a real problem as opposed to a deadbeat.
Old June 7, 2010, 10:24 AM   #10
scottl

Anyone know what part of Ky he was from?There are few of us from Ky, maybe someone knows him or something.
Old June 7, 2010, 12:47 PM   #11
Xfire68

I guess I did not mean to say all low posters are not trust worthy but if a new member comes on a forum just to sell it is normally not the "BEST" idea to buy from them right away.

Mal H, why does all of the link to his name have a "8" post count?
Old June 7, 2010, 01:12 PM   #12
J.Netto

I am sorry to hear about that. I know pepsiblue, and he is a stand up guy.

There has to be a pretty good reason for what is going on, because he just isn't that kind of a person.

I've dealt with him before and never had any problem with him personally or the way he conducts business. And I would deal with him again - without hesitation.

If I run into him sometime soon, I will tell him to look this up.

Good luck with everything.
Old June 7, 2010, 02:29 PM   #13
Thiokol

Quote:
why does all of the link to his name have a "8" post count?
If I'm not mistaken posts in the classifieds don't count, only those in the general forums do.
Old June 7, 2010, 03:02 PM   #14
Noskov

I remember a similar incident/situation on a different forum. The seller had disappeared after a few members noticed they didn't get their items. Apparently the seller had passed away due to heart attack I believe and was unable to finish the transaction.
Old June 7, 2010, 05:20 PM   #15
klambpix

He's from Brandenburg, KY.
If you want any more information on him send me a PM.
I'm not gonna smear the guy's name and address on the internet over $15.

There's one from Philly that I'll gladly share his name, he screwed me out of nearly $300 from deal Gunbroker, but that'd be another thread.
Old June 7, 2010, 05:24 PM   #16
scottl

Brandenburg is good piece away from me.Figured I could be of some help if he was near-by.Just out of curiousity have you tried googling his name and address to see if anything pops up?
Old June 7, 2010, 08:14 PM   #17
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiokol
If I'm not mistaken posts in the classifieds don't count, only those in the general forums do.
This is the reason as Thiokol stated, Xfire68. Only discussion forum posts accumulate to your actual post count.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old June 7, 2010, 10:35 PM   #18
swooshbang

My dealings with pepsiblue have been 100% satisfactory. No, it doesn't sound like him. Truly, a great guy. Good luck in getting that settled (quickly).
Old June 8, 2010, 01:50 AM   #19
Xfire68

Quote:
This is the reason as Thiokol stated, Xfire68. Only discussion forum posts accumulate to your actual post count.
Ah ha! Now I see why I was mistaken! Sorry if I made him sound like a flyby! My fault!
Old June 8, 2010, 08:56 AM   #20
Mal H
Staff

You still have time to modify your post #5.
Old June 9, 2010, 04:35 PM   #21
Mal H
Staff

... or not.
Old June 9, 2010, 08:06 PM   #22
14cm

i did something with him, buy sell or trade. Nothing went bad it was just another deal. i hope he is ok.