The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 6, 2005, 01:55 PM   #1
tonerguy

Tucker Urban Legend "Speed Slide"

Due to a customer request Tucker has just released the Urban Legend "Speed Slide" belt holster. It's a functional concealed carry holster - secure, good retention, comfortable and super fast. It's also IDPA legal in all respects. It can be ordered with cants of 6 to 15 degrees.

The leather portion is reinforced so the tension can be set without the compression from a belt such as the Answer IWB needs.

I'd welcome any questions or comments. Thanks, Rob
http://store.yahoo.com/rlcompanyusa/speedslide.html

Old February 6, 2005, 05:27 PM   #2
Chindo18Z

Rob: Very impressive.

I do not yet own one of your products but my friend's IWB Answer (for Kimber 1911) is one of the NICEST quality rigs I have ever handled. Form, Function, Craftsmanship. I don't give out equipment compliments easily...your holsters deserve them.

I am curious...have you ever considered impregnating the leather backing with wax as a form of sweat shield? Randall Knives does this with some of their leather sheaths (like for my Model 16 Dive Knife). It makes the leather near impervious to salt water. Seems like it would be a good way to protect the leather from sweat and softening.