The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 27, 2011, 07:39 AM   #1
danber9546

Diamondback Firearms

Anyone on here have any experience with Diamondback Firearms? I read the specifics of the DB9 last night on their website. I have to say, I'm very intrigued! How has their .380 measured up? Is it reliable, accurate? How easy is disassembly? What about ammo? Any preferences? Does it fit well with everybody's modes/styles of carry? Is it a brand you'd recommend or stay away from? What about holsters? Did you add a laser? Are the sights good? What's the break-in period?
Old March 27, 2011, 08:11 AM   #2
Norman Mays Eastwood

I bought one last June at Bud's and was very impressed with the way it carried and the accuracy was great; however, after about 50 rounds down range, I started having numerous FTFs, stovepipes, and FTEs. Bud's sent it back to Diamondback and when it returned 2 weeks later I took it in their indoor range to try it out. Needless to say, it was worse than it was before it was sent back to the factory!!! The salesman at Bud's tried it also and said that the gun would get me killed in a life-threatening situation. They gave me a full refund and I bought a Bodyguard .380. Great little pistol!!!
Old March 27, 2011, 08:34 AM   #3
EdInk

Do a search for Diamondback on here. The reviews from owners seem to be "mixed" at best.
Old March 27, 2011, 11:59 AM   #4
bigghoss

I've read several reports of problems with these guns which is a real shame because they feel great in the hand. and they just came out with a 9mm version.
Old March 27, 2011, 03:33 PM   #5
ET.

I almost bought one last summer. It looks like a baby Glock even though it isn't close to one. I had to talk myself out of it. Later I started investigating the DB380s and was glad I laid off of it. There are just too many bad reports from actual users for me to invest a few hundred in at this time. When the reports improve I will again consider it. I know that isn't first hand experience, but it almost is.
Old March 27, 2011, 04:50 PM   #6
danber9546

Thanks!

To everyone who posted: thank you! The Diamondback's similarity to the Glock was one of my primary interests in it. I also like the way they feel (I've handled the DB380 a couple of times trying to convince myself to buy one). But, I think I'll just go with a snubbie for now and my Glock works surprisingly well for pocket carry!
Old April 1, 2011, 08:12 PM   #7
littleman

I have also read bad news about these. I had bought one before the stories began to surface. I've not fired mine more than 50 rounds, and have had no problems(yet).
Old April 2, 2011, 03:48 PM   #8
tekarra

Glad I read this as I have been looking at one!

Tags
380 , 9mm , ccw , new guns , pocket pistols