The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 6, 2012, 08:15 PM   #1
WillyKern69

Browning Sight Screw help needed, Please.

I have a Browning A-5 shot gun, in addtion, I have a Browning Belgium made deer barrel(smooth bore) for the gun. Last time time I used this gun I had a poor shot on a great buck. I later found my site on the deer barrel is missing a screw and was cock-eyed. YES, I know check your gun before use. I missed a B&C deer on that lesson. A day does not go by with out that failure coming to mind, especially this time of year. I have been invited to deer hunt next week in the Golden Triangle of Illinois, Iowa, and MissouriRiver land), so now I have to find that screw. I have looked at Brownells and Midway. i can not find the shcematics for the deer barrel. Since screws were interchangeable I thought I might find it under another name. I have not found sights that give the dimensions. Is the cut off screw the same screw? I know this is a needle in the hay stack, but some old gunner has this info in thier books. Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Willy

Go Romney/Ryan!
Old November 6, 2012, 08:55 PM   #2
TheKlawMan

I was going to give you that info, but you brought politics up so I will let someone else do the honors.
Old November 6, 2012, 09:30 PM   #3
WillyKern69

HaHa, If you feel that way, I don't want the info from you anyways.
Old November 7, 2012, 10:19 AM   #4
TJH3781

Google Browning & download their catalog. It lists available parts for the A5 & other weapons. There is also a list of Service Centers; one maybe close.

If you cannot find the part yourself, there is a Customer Service # & maybe they can help.
Old November 7, 2012, 05:59 PM   #5
wizrd

Go to a local busy gunsmith -- he's gonna have 17 million little screws, usually in one big wooden soda case sized box. He'll tell ya', have a look through these.
You may get lucky. -- I've had to do it before. Good luck.
Old November 7, 2012, 06:59 PM   #6
WillyKern69

wizrd, looks like you are on the right track. The local gun shop said bring it in and they have all kinds of parts.
Thanks