The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old May 10, 2009, 08:46 AM   #1
Littlehoov

Easy way to view topics Ive posted in?

Call me vain, but I often like to see if anyone has replied to things Ive said in posts.

I know on a lot of forums theres a "view my posts" button or "show replies to threads ive posted in" yada yada.

If theres an option on this forum for that, Im totally missing it. The way Im doing it right now is to go to my own profile, find my posts, then visit the threads individually, often to see that im the last one to post.

I know there is an icon next to threads Ive posted in, but that requires visiting every sub-forum, and heck sometimes I even forget where Ive wandered too on here.
Old May 10, 2009, 08:52 AM   #2
Creature

So far thats the only way.
Old May 10, 2009, 09:06 AM   #3
JWT

Go to 'Search', advance search, then search by user name. Put in your own user name and you'll see the threads you have made posts on. The list will show the last post made for each thread so you'll know if there's been comments made after yours.
Old May 10, 2009, 09:45 AM   #4
Mal H
Staff

If you like receiving emails, you can always subscribe to the threads you post in. Go to User CP -> Edit Options -> Default Thread Subscription Mode, and change the default to one of the 3 notification modes.

Personally, all I do is check the thread icons along the left of the thread listing to see if there were any new posts in the threads I have posted in. I'm going to be opening the various forum index pages anyway, so a quick glance tells me all I need to know about new posts.
Old May 10, 2009, 09:49 AM   #5
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

You could always "subscribe" to the threads that you have posted in.

Below the edit box, there is a section for "Additional Options." One of those options is the "Thread Subscription" option. It is a pull-down box. The default is, "Do Not Subscribe."

The other options are:
  • No email notification
  • Instant email notification
  • Daily email notification
  • Weekly email notification
Regardless of which option you choose, these subscribed threads will show up in your User Control Panel (User CP) where you can view all the threads you have subscribed to. I believe this also shows the last response to that thread.

The list can grow pretty large, if you post a lot. But as threads wind down, or you lose interest, you can delete (unsubscribe) them from the list.
Old May 10, 2009, 09:53 AM   #6
Creature

Quote:
I know on a lot of forums theres a "view my posts" button or "show replies to threads ive posted in" yada yada.
I agree that this would be a very useful option.
Old May 10, 2009, 11:48 AM   #7
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
TFL "sort of" has that feature. Click your user name in the upper right corner of the browser window. In the new window, just below your user name is a "mini statistics" box. Click on "Show all posts by...."

Viola.
Old May 11, 2009, 09:29 AM   #8
grymster2007

The "subscribe to threads" option mentioned above is about as simple as it gets. Whenever you like just click on "User CP" and your "new subscribed threads" will be displayed. Don't see what you want? click on "view all subscribed threads". You can also subscribe to threads that you haven't posted in by using the "Thread Tools" menu. Good for keeping track of discussion that are amusing or where you're waiting for a member to say something dumb, so you can jump on them.