The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old August 11, 2000, 08:37 AM   #1
mnealtx

You guys could've WARNED me...LOL.. I bought the large Kasper folder..this is a BIG knife to carry clipped in a pocket!!! I love how it's made, very sturdy, great lock....but the thing is HUGE!!

------------------
Mike
[email protected]
Old August 11, 2000, 01:30 PM   #2
RH

Always go to bladeforums.com for advice before making any 'sharp' purchase. Lots of threads currently discussing the KFF. Bulkiness is what turned me off. Instead, I have a Point Guard on the way.
Old August 12, 2000, 01:31 AM   #3
mnealtx

Actually, it was what I saw written in Bladeforums that convinced me to get it...Like I said, I have nothing against the construction of the knife, only the sheer size.

------------------
Mike
[email protected]
Old August 12, 2000, 12:17 PM   #4
On_Target

I've recently seen a picture of that knife as well. You're all right, that knife IS BIG.

[This message has been edited by On_Target (edited August 12, 2000).]
Old August 21, 2000, 02:43 AM   #5
Jim March

The KFF's ergonomics are WAY above average...it's a breakthrough for the price.

However: it's a low-end linerlock. Until you can manually trip the secondary safety latch (the "LAWKS" system) it's not trustworthy on a hard-target stab.

With the LAWKS on, lock strength is very good. But you'll have to consiously trip that.

That's why it's still "just" a $50 knife.

If you can afford the REKAT Carnivore, that's really the same knife but much higher end, better steel, lighter, stronger, better lock strength, no need to manually trigger a second safety. They run about $120ish. In the sub-4" legal climate class, the Carnivore is arguably the best fighting folder available.

The REKAT Sifu with it's 5.45" blade is probably the ultimate fighting folder available today. It's legal to conceal in California and TX, and a few other states if you have a CCW. See also: http://www.ninehundred.com/~equalccw/blades.html

Jim