The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old February 7, 2013, 02:45 AM   #26
j3ffr0

Many of you think that "they" want to take away all guns, but I think your fear is irrational and unfounded. We need to be more moderate rather than so polarized. I challenge any of you to find one quote from a credible source where an seriously influential political leader having has introduced or pushed legislation to take away all guns of any type. And don't be misquoting Feinstein from 1995. She would have collected all assault weapons, not all guns period. As it was the ban just prohibited manufacture/sale of guns after it was enacted. As it was nobody's guns were taken away.

No -- I don't support an assault weapons ban or further restrictions on the types of guns, ammo, or accessories we may own. However, I would support universal background checks.
Old February 7, 2013, 03:33 AM   #27
nazshooter

This time around I'd say that registration (or a UBC that can be turned into registration) is their highest priority because it makes enforcing anything else they pass much easier.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
Old February 7, 2013, 03:54 AM   #28
Truth Addict

In my opinion, anyone who would turn in guns to the government is a traitor who doesn't deserve the freedom our forefathers and many others died for. Same goes for the people who support "gun control"... I know, that's a lot of traitors.
Old February 7, 2013, 05:54 AM   #29
hardworker

I disagree wit the tyranny accusation. I highly doubt that Feinstein wants to be able to tell you what to eat for dinner, or anything else. She just wants less guns.

I think too many people see the government as creeping towards tyranny. My problem with that theory is this: When was the last time the government did anything nearly that organized? Instead of a malevolent dictator trying to take rights, I see government as an inept bureaucracy slowly infringing on rights because it's what the majority of people want and because it's gotten so big that it can't help itself.
Old February 7, 2013, 06:49 AM   #30
Hal

What are they really after?

Simple - reelection.

@ hardworker,
Don't ever forget that power corrupts.

It doesn't take much power to turn a good person bad.

Last edited by Hal; February 7, 2013 at 06:58 AM.
Old February 7, 2013, 07:47 AM   #31
rebs

What they are really after is total control over every citizen. It has started with religion, they took the morning prayer out of our schools, they took God out of the pledge of allegiance, they advocate homosexuality, the former AWB increased crime and when it was discontinued the crime rate has lessened. It has been shown even in FBI statistics that where the most stringent gun laws exist the crime rate is the highest. So why do they want another AWB, because it is another step in disarming the citizenry to take us from being law abiding citizens to making us subjects under their power.
The anti gun folks need to read up on history and see what actually is happening around us. Take a look at Europe and Australia and see what has happened there. Politicians take an oath to defend the constitution, but yet they are chipping away at the rights the constitution guarantees us. When we allow one amendment to be taken away, the rest will follow. Our fore fathers did not create the constitution for fun, but out of necessity to guarantee freedom for themselves and all future generations.
Old February 7, 2013, 07:52 AM   #32
Qtiphky

Complete control

Already been said, but true. This isn't about gun control, it's about people control. Someone on here said they don't want to tell us what to eat, yada yada yada. That is correct, they wont' take it that far, but without a well armed citizenry THEY COULD! Has anyone seen the latest memo about drone strikes? Now the administration can "target and kill American citizen's whome they fell are about to do iminent harm to this country." Currently, theoretically applied only to overseas and the war on terror. Guess what, there are terrorists living right here in the United States. Who's to say drones won't be used in the Continental US?

Way too slippery of a slope for my liking. Destroy the 2A, and then the First won't be far behind!
Old February 7, 2013, 08:13 AM   #33
hardworker

Hal- no it doesn't, but iI really don't think it's a mad grab for absolute power by the anti's. i really think it's just the meanderings of an inefficient system designed and built by the majority of people who care more about American Idol than about gun rights.
Old February 7, 2013, 08:33 AM   #34
hornet41

Simple----CONTROL!!!!!!
Old February 7, 2013, 09:08 AM   #35
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

I think we've had our say. Little more to be gained here.
Closed Thread