The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 10, 2013, 09:39 PM   #76
Wreck-n-Crew

Quote:
If I do ever break it, i send it back to Ohio, they make it right again, and usually throw in a new mag for your troubles. No other handgun company has a warrnate like that.
Actually they do. More than one company has Warranties as good, but that doesn't take anything away from a hi-point. Hi-Point is the most reliable cheap handgun made in the US i have ever owned or fired and not traded.
Old April 11, 2013, 06:26 AM   #77
lapetrarca53

In a word, based on my personal experience.....yes.

It's big and ugly but, before I traded it for a S&W 9mm, mine went "bang" every time I pulled the trigger. Put 1000 rounds down the pipe with no problems.
Old April 11, 2013, 04:15 PM   #78
dajowi

I've shot bunch of hi-points in numerous calibers. They're ugly, heavy, and they WORK!
Old April 11, 2013, 05:33 PM   #79
PoPo1093

I picked up a high point .40 cal carbine for $100. I can't help but chuckle everytime I pull the trigger. Its extremely ugly, heavy, bulkY BUT ACCURATE. I couldn't believe at 50 yards using 180gr. lead with 4.5gr of Bullseye I could hit the target, let alone get all 10 rounds in a pretty good group. So for a bedside or fun gun.....GO FOR IT!!!
Old April 11, 2013, 05:48 PM   #80
dgludwig

Quote:
If I do ever break it, i send it back to Ohio, they make it right again, and usually throw in a new mag for your troubles. No other handgun company has a warrnate like that.
Do they pay for the postage to and from? Nothing against Hi-Point, but other companies (Ruger, Smith & Wesson and SIG are companies) do. The high cost of mailing a pistol is especially relevant when mailing inexpensive handguns-a couple of shipments to the company to resolve a warranty issue and you will be forking out more money than the pistol is worth, "free" magazine included.
Old April 11, 2013, 07:21 PM   #81
Wreck-n-Crew

Quote:
Do they pay for the postage to and from? Nothing against Hi-Point
For the cost of one vs the aforementioned , you could afford to send it. Dropped mine and messed up the sight and they sent me another one. Need a part ...call them..need it fixed call them.
I think comparing them as the best cheapest gun in America would be sufficient.
Old April 11, 2013, 08:00 PM   #82
lamarw

Remington will pay the postage. Bersa will not.
Old April 11, 2013, 08:26 PM   #83
Rnbtexas

Yes, my HiPoint 45 works very well. If you run out of bullets it will make a heck of a weapon if you have to throw it at someone....
Old April 11, 2013, 11:32 PM   #84
mxsailor803

I've got a C9 and Carbine 9mm. As with most everyone else on here, they are ugly but they go bang everytime. I'm wanting a carbine in .45acp next lol.
Old April 12, 2013, 03:12 PM   #85
Garycw

Hi-point

I've accumulated quite s few of them over the years. .380, two 9.mm. (1) comp. model and three carbines. .40 & two 9mm the all work perfect and the carbines are surprisingly accurate. Made in OHIO!
Old April 15, 2013, 07:47 PM   #86
Railcar

I have always joked with people, If I run out of ammo, I can always throw the empty pistol and that brick will do about as much damage as a 230 gr FMJ
Old April 15, 2013, 08:50 PM   #87
lamarw

You first run out of ammo with your rifle or shotgun and then you pull out your pistol. When you empty the pistol, you hope it is a Haskell so you can use it to dig the foxhole deeper while you reload the rifle or shotgun.

On the other hand you can toss the Haskell and yell granade.

I do believe if you can score an old heavy Haskell in .45ACP and marked as a Haskell for under a hundred bucks it will be a somewhat collectible in the future. They still make them but lighter and marked as HiPoints.

It has all the makings for a relatively collectible pistol with moderate value increases. Just my opinion, but I told you so.

Lets face it, the Glock was designed around its style and later perfected.

I am serious about its collectibility only if marked Haskell.

Last edited by lamarw; April 15, 2013 at 08:55 PM.