The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old August 11, 1999, 05:43 PM   #1
swampy

At my wife's request, I shot her DAO Colt Pony .380 Cal. While I found the little gun impressive, I also have a couple of questions that some of you may have answers to. First, in firing twenty rounds, the trigger "stuck" at the rear of the trigger guard two times. I have no idea why or what to do about it. Each time the trigger eventually returned to its ready to fire position, but this isn't something one would want to happen when one's life is on the line. Anyone heard of this happening with these guns? Second, the trigger pull was long and hard even to me, and is really difficult for her. Does anyone know if the trigger can be lightened and smoothed out by a gunsmith? Thanks
Old August 11, 1999, 11:04 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

Sounds good. Most of the trigger return problems on those guns is in the area of the trigger plunger, its spring and the sear bar. Cleaning up the burrs and lubrication usually corrects that problem.

The other problem is that disassembly and reassembly is not a job for a beginner. So, unless you are pretty familiar with Spanish guns, better take it to a gunsmith or have the folks Erick recommended look at it.

Jim

Jim