The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old January 1, 2000, 10:28 AM   #1
foxfire

First off: Happy New Year To One And ALL! Can anyone help me find some stripper clips for a 7.63 Mauser Broomhandle pistol? And how can I safely load the magazine without using a stripper clip? Any tips, advice, or general info would be greatly appreciated. And, no, I have not fired the pistol, yet. Thanks for your help....

------------------
ff ...save the 2nd. No fate but what we make.
Old January 1, 2000, 05:33 PM   #2
John Lawson

I bought a supply for my Bolo from SARCO. www.sarcoinc.com
It is easier with a stripper clip, but can be done safely by pressing in the button that retains the magazine bottom plate, removing plate and spring, dropping in up to 9 rounds and re-fastening the bottom plate. This is safer, because the pistol can be carried with a dry chamber and simply charged before use. A stripper clip loads the chamber and the magazine.
While it may be safe to carry pistols with both first and second type thumb safeties
(mine is first type on which the hammer must be thumbed rearward to allow the safety engage) I don't feel it is necessary to run around with a loaded chamber on these old timers because they are usually not utilized for self-defense.
Old January 1, 2000, 06:08 PM   #3
foxfire

John, Thanks for the info, I've seen their ad in Shotgun News and will get ahold of them ASAP...

------------------
ff ...save the 2nd. No fate but what we make.