The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 4, 2011, 02:37 PM   #1
dunerjeff

need help explaining

A couple months back I wasn't thinking and stored my Beretta 96FS in my gun drawer right next to my XDM 45, Well fast forword to this week and the XDM was sticking and as long as I was going to the gunshop for supplies I dropped it off for a trigger job(I wanted it lightened up ).Well my wife received the call from them that my gun was done and the new XDM40 was in. I tried to tell her it was because I left the two in the drawer together but I don't think she is believing me . How do I prove this to her?

THIS IS JOKE EXCUSE I GAVE MY WIFE DON"T TAKE IT SERIOUS

Last edited by dunerjeff; June 4, 2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old June 4, 2011, 03:05 PM   #2
TXGunNut

Fess up, you blew it. Next time you give your home phone number to the guy @ the toy store you may want to discuss the format of any messages left on the answering machine. For example, a call from an "OBGYN" confirming that your girlfriend is pregnant again would totally conceal the reason for his call but then again...
My favorite recipes start out with a handful of used wheelweights.
Old June 4, 2011, 03:28 PM   #3
KyJim

Yep, I leave my cell number. I tell them it's easier to reach me on it. That's one reason but TXGunNut hit upon the other.
Old June 4, 2011, 03:41 PM   #4
Uncle Malice

I do not understand what the OP is saying....?

Quote:
Well fast forword to this week and the XDM was sticking and as long as I was going to the gunshop for supplies I dropped it off for a trigger job(I wanted it lightened up ).
XDM was sticking.... I don't get it...

Quote:
Well my wife received the call from them that my gun was done and the new XDM40 was in.
So you had a new XDM40 on order along with your XDM45??

Quote:
I tried to tell her it was because I left the two in the drawer together but I don't think she is believing me . How do I prove this to her?
This is where I'm getting hung up... I don't get what you are saying or what you are asking of us... Are you trying to hide your new purchase from your wife and asking us how to go about convincing her of your deception?
Old June 4, 2011, 04:06 PM   #5
lcpiper

I'm lost too.

After almost 30 years of marriage I have found that although my wife knows almost nuthing about what a gun is, she can smell a lie for a country mile and once she smells it she won't stop digging at it till she has it dug up and fully exposed. And then I will pay more for the lie then I ever would for the act it was meant to cover.

I do not try to deceive her anymore. I just "be a man" and do what I am going to do, tell her why, and if I take a beating for it I take that like a man as well. I don't ask permission, I just do what I am going to do. She loves me so she ain't going to give up on me just for being, well .. a man

Of course it helps if you don't do anything she would think is too stupid
Old June 4, 2011, 04:14 PM   #6
AustinTX

I'm with Uncle Malice. From the first sentence to the last, I'm finding that post to be almost completely nonsensical.
Old June 4, 2011, 04:25 PM   #7
Coltman 77

Quote:
I'm with Uncle Malice. From the first sentence to the last, I'm finding that post to be almost completely nonsensical.
Me too. Hopefully the OP will re-write it in intelligible English.

(BTW, I'd be much more concerned about my Beretta than an XD.)

Protect our 2nd Amendment Rights -- Join the NRA
Old June 4, 2011, 04:58 PM   #8
Ozzieman

After almost 30 years of marriage I have found that although my wife knows almost nuthing about what a gun is, she can smell a lie for a country mile
lcpiper
Man truer words were never spoken! And I found that out after only 6 years of marriage.
I have always been honest with her about toys and usually tell her what I am doing before I do.
Heck it got me a Ruger 44 special Blackhawk this Christmas, from her.
The only thing I have to put up with is the little box that shows up in the mail the size of a shoe box several times a year.
More doll house stuff,,,,, and the box can easily cost more than a Glock.
Old June 4, 2011, 05:07 PM   #9
9mm

Quote:
A couple months back I wasn't thinking and stored my Beretta 96FS in my gun drawer right next to my XDM 45, Well fast forword to this week and the XDM was sticking and as long as I was going to the gunshop for supplies I dropped it off for a trigger job(I wanted it lightened up ).Well my wife received the call from them that my gun was done and the new XDM40 was in. I tried to tell her it was because I left the two in the drawer together but I don't think she is believing me . How do I prove this to her?

No idea what you are saying.
Quote:
I wasn't thinking
Yes
Quote:
and stored my Beretta 96FS in my gun drawer right next to my XDM 45, Well fast forword to this week and the XDM was sticking and as long as I was going to the gunshop for supplies I dropped it off for a trigger job
Okay, hiding guns around the house,

Quote:
Well my wife received the call from them that my gun was done and the new XDM40 was in
Sounds like to me what you are saying, you hid one gun with another. Your wife thinks you bought it in secret and brought it home with you, because it had a trigger job?

Show her your bank statement? she will see you didn't spend $400+ on a gun. Show her when you bought it? you have your paper work for it?
Old June 4, 2011, 09:45 PM   #10
dunerjeff

IT'S A JOKE PEOPLE !!!I guess knowbody ever read "the Last Laugh" in Outdoor Life written by Pat McMannus for about fifteen years! It was a hypetyhetical joke to say I bought a new gun and she found out before I got to tell her about it.If a person read it with an open mind and not take it serious ,she got it and laughed as soon as I told her the excuse.Now she wants a 9mm for herself .
Old June 4, 2011, 09:57 PM   #11
Uncle Malice

Okat.. it's a joke.

But that still doesn't tell us what the joke was...

I just didn't understand what you were trying to explain, and it appears I'm not the only one.

Old June 4, 2011, 10:03 PM   #12
JC57

His joke was: He stored the two guns together. The guns got romantic in the drawer, and the result was a new baby gun. I.e., the excuse for the new gun was that the existing ones were breeding.

He wanted us to help him prove to his wife that guns stored together will reproduce. Hence the joke.
Old June 4, 2011, 10:08 PM   #13
Uncle Malice

I suppose that makes sense... just wasn't very well written...

Still...

Quote:
the XDM was sticking
What was this supposed to mean?
Old June 4, 2011, 11:03 PM   #14
MLeake

Ok, so the guns in the drawer were in rut. Got it.

Don't mean to pick on you, but the first post was confusing to many of us.
Old June 4, 2011, 11:21 PM   #15
TXGunNut

It's OK, dj. I got it.
My favorite recipes start out with a handful of used wheelweights.
Old June 4, 2011, 11:38 PM   #16
SRH78

Haha, it is an old joke but still funny.
Old June 5, 2011, 12:06 PM   #17
hardhat harry

I can't believe I read this whole freakin' thread...
Old June 5, 2011, 12:38 PM   #18
9-ball

Some people need to get taught about the birds and the bees I guess... Hell, of course a big Croatian bloke hits on an Italian chick!
Old June 5, 2011, 01:03 PM   #19
Steve0

c'mon people!

Wow, I can't believe no one got it! I was laughing halfway through. That was pretty funny, good one!
Old June 5, 2011, 01:05 PM   #20
Steve0

Sticking...

Sometimes some romance creates a sticky mess...gotta get it now.
Old June 5, 2011, 09:00 PM   #21
KyJim

Quote:
After almost 30 years of marriage I have found that although my wife knows almost nuthing about what a gun is, she can smell a lie for a country mile
Over 30 years married here. Nobody's suggesting a lie. My wife knows I'm spending on guns and ammo but that doesn't mean I have to volunteer every single detail. Sometimes I'll just tell. Sometimes she asks and I tell. Sometimes she doesn't ask and I don't tell.
Old June 6, 2011, 09:28 PM   #22
michael t

Stand up tell the truth!! Your the man and if you want another gun, Buy It If she doesn't like it tuff. Tell her to leave, Been married several times but I have a nice collection of pistols and rifles. Because I stood up for my right to have firearms. A re you a man or a mouse. .
Old June 7, 2011, 10:07 AM   #23
Quentin2

Quote:
I can't believe I read this whole freakin' thread...
I agree, some people just can't tell a joke right!
Old June 7, 2011, 04:42 PM   #24
microman

I can't believe I read this whole thread either
Old June 7, 2011, 09:04 PM   #25
KyJim

Quote:
Been married several times
Yes, that's what I would have thought.