The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 19, 2007, 05:25 PM   #1
dark star

cost for rem 1100 20 g lt?

Could someone tell me how much they think a mint rem1100 20g lt with ckokes would cost? I am looking at one for 579.00 and it seems high.Also is this a nice shotgun for trap and skeet. thanks for all the help.
Old December 20, 2007, 09:05 AM   #2
hoghunting

The ones that I have seen in the gun shows in the N TX area have been in fair-good condition, fixed choke, with an average price of $450. In mint, with choke tubes, it seems it should be higher.
Old December 21, 2007, 09:05 PM   #3
nutty ned

I was looking on gunbroker today and that seem to be a good price.
Old December 21, 2007, 10:27 PM   #4
ebutler462

Please remember that gunbroker can serve as a guide-if you remember that their prices are about 15-20% too high compared to the local dealers. Plus you have to pay $25-35 shipping and another $10-25 for FFL transfer fees. There are few bargains on gunbroker. If you take your time and do your research, you might come across a bargain but they are rare. Some gunbroker sellers note that if you don't win the auction, call them to negotiate a better deal. They say "maybe we can get together on the price".

I am discouraged with gunbroker as I can buy locally for less than their asking prices, usually. However, it is a guide to what you may expect to pay for a given gun. Use their price and drop it by 20% and you will be somewhere in the ballpark. For No Reserve items, you can pretty well go by them. But Buy Now items, ain't realistic at all. Just MHO.
Old December 23, 2007, 09:36 AM   #5
lockedcj7

It's a great gun for skeet but might be light for trap. At the last gunshow, I saw them anywhere from $475-$675 depending on dealer and condition. Your price seems to be on the high side but mint with chokes (if it's the Magnum receiver) would be about right. Personally, it's too high for me.

I recently bought a well-loved 1100 LT-20 mag. with a goofed-up barrel for $350 at a flea market and then bought a 28" mod. barrel on Gunbroker for $83 with shipping. I also happened upon a 1100 LT-20 syn. youth (with mod. and full chokes) for $350. I bought it to put back for my son.

YMMV