The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old December 13, 2011, 08:29 PM   #26
WildBill45

I shoot qualifying targets with snubbies, and a Hi-Point at 100 yards, off hand. When I was in the Navy near Avenal California, I used to shoot running Jackrabbits with my Colt S.A.A. .45, Off hand.

What good is the handgun if you don't shoot off hand well??? Practice, shooting offhand if like playing a piano by hand, otherwise use a rifle...

"If Ands and Buts were Candy and Nuts, everyday would be like Christmas"
Old December 14, 2011, 03:17 AM   #27
MikeNice81

I'll give you my definition of good off hand shooting. Keep all of the shots in a space between the nipples horizontally. Keep them between the base of the sternum and lowest point of the collarbone vertically.

If you can do that with three shots, from the draw, in four seconds at 7 yards you are doing well.

Then there is the 4-5 school of thought. 5 shots in a 5" circle from 5 yards in 5 seconds.