The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 9, 2010, 12:00 PM   #26
sks

BigJimP, my wife and I have not progressed to the actual rules of skeet yet. We just go and shoot clay birds. Yesterday for our anniversary we went and shot trap instead of skeet. My wife doesn't like it as much because it is harder but she wants to get better. So, more range trips in the works. Good thing the club is 15 minutes from our house.

The club has some good information on skeet, trap and 5 stand that we picked up. Going to do more research, learn the rules and get involved. In fact, this Sunday we are going to watch some matches to see how its done. We were going to watch yesterday afternoon but they told us the "good" shooters would be out on Sunday!

I do like the Citori! Shot my wife's youth model Montefeltro 20 yesterday and it felt like a toy. Hope to get the Stoeger back and fixed finally because I really do like the feel of the thing. Have to hope for the best and see what happens.
Old July 9, 2010, 12:18 PM   #27
BigJimP

Hey, I've only been married 23 yrs .....so I'm just a rookie ......but someone once trained me that all anniversary, birthday, Xmas presents for your wife or significant other have 2 rules:

1. "18k gold is truly one size, fits all " ....and if you mix it with some rubies, saphires, diamonds, etc once in a while -- its a very good thing ...

2. and never, ever .. buy anything that has a power cord ( no matter how expensive it is ) - or how much she said she wanted it !! And if you ever violate rule #2 / you better still have another present ( follow rule #1 ) for her to open as well ......and you will live a long and happy life !

When all along it turns out - I could have just taken her Skeet shooting .....
Old July 9, 2010, 10:42 PM   #28
sks

Well the shooting day was her idea so I'm covered. She is getting into this to the point that she doesn't blink to go into Cabela's or Bass Pro and pick up a case of shells for $80.00! I'm a lucky man.

I did take her to a nice restaurant later on and shopping so I think all will be well. We celebrated 16 years so I've got some time to make up for it if not.