The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 4, 2009, 01:58 AM   #1
plinkingdude253

scope for under 300 bucks

ok i need i scope for under 300 bucks and that is the limit! i want a tactical style with the finger adjustable moa adjustments. Its going to be used for 200-600 yard shooting on an AR15.
The only ones i have found that are interesting are a Bushnell 3200 5-15x40 tactical mil dot for 280$ and a Mueller 6-24x44 for 180$ (worried that this scope might be cheaply made... i need to have accurate adjustments).
There is also the SuperSniper fixed 20x for 270$ but if i decided to go coyote hunting i don't think i would want it set on that high of a power all the time...

If you guys have used Muellers before and found out they have accurate adjustments then i will probably get that. clarity isn't a huge deal because I'm probably never going to be hunting at dawn or dusk. Its mainly the adjustments i'm worried about, and that it keeps its zero.

Does anyone have any other good scopes that i have not come across? I'm sure there are some out there that i'm not finding.
Old December 4, 2009, 02:03 AM   #2
riggins_83

Nothing wrong with the Bushnell 3200. The only reason I don't care for their scopes is the light gain isn't very good. Side by side against a Nikon Buckmasters with the same objective lense and zoom the Nikon was much brighter.

It kept zero on a 30-06 and overall was well made.
Old December 4, 2009, 06:11 AM   #3
DiscoRacing

I have four or five bushnell....one I mainly use is on a 7mm mag...dont have any problems/downfalls.
Old December 4, 2009, 06:42 AM   #4
rshanneck2002

Nothing wrong with Muellers at all, i own several placed on various deer rifles and my dedicated slug gun 12 ga. I think they are the best for under $200-$300. This being said i dont own the one you have mentioned but do own a 2x7, 3 3x9x40 and one 3x10x44. Tough, tough scopes for what i paid with warrenty. I dont believe you would be disatisfied for the money. You will pay that much for any used nikon or leaupold in that price range. Not being a rich guy, i will continue to buy Muellers in my future purchases. I have never had a problem from any of them up to this point.
Old December 4, 2009, 10:21 AM   #5
sholling

Muellers are ok but I like the Bushnell a lot better. Weaver's V-Series is someplace in between.
Old December 4, 2009, 10:31 AM   #6
IDAHO83501

Nikon,Pentax, Bushnell,

Nikon Pro Staff, Nikon Buckmaster, Pentax Gamefinder, Pentax Lightseeker, Bushnell Legend, Bushnell 3200, and a couple of scopes from Burris, all will come in under $300, gather light well, and last for years and years

Tags
rifle scope , under 300