The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Closed Thread

Old October 10, 2011, 08:09 PM   #1
buckeyedave

Bear Baiting Please Watch

This is disgusting and I would hope no one here would do this plus do everything to prevent it.

http://www.humanesociety.org/news/ne...ng_082310.html
Old October 10, 2011, 08:34 PM   #2
SHNOMIDO

I sure hope this doesnt come off in a racist way.

When you see something like this, you have to ask yourself, would a Native American be OK with this?

Thats just my personal reality check. When it comes to hunting, or animals, or nature, the ecosystem, ETC

Just think, what would a Native American, in say Oh, 1650 AD, say about the behavior?

Hunting is one thing. Clean kill, utilize the animal. Forms bonds between men (and women). Forms bonds between parents and children. Natural human behavior that has existed since the dawn of our time.

This is cruelty. Its not honorable. A human being in touch with nature would not be able to stomach this practice.
Old October 10, 2011, 08:50 PM   #3
kaylorinhi

The claw/tooth removal and the chain are what does it for me! If it could fight back it would a different story but then again that is why they remove them. A creature as beautiful and powerful deserves a fighting chance and and a clean death!
Old October 10, 2011, 09:28 PM   #4
ClayInTx

Such as this is why I believe every person needs to have a “Fit to Live” test.
Old October 11, 2011, 01:25 AM   #5
youngunz4life

Quote:
Hunting is one thing. Clean kill, utilize the animal. Forms bonds between men (and women). Forms bonds between parents and children. Natural human behavior that has existed since the dawn of our time.
but hunting - like many things in life so we can substitue something else instead of picking on hunting - isn't clean cut in the least bit. Many hunters let their hunting dogs loose at the end of a season or when they don't want to deal with them. These dogs become strays and many die of hunger. Or how about the fact that many hunters don't even want your girlfriend to pat the hunting dog becausethe hunting dog needs to remain tough and different than a pet. Some people shoot their hunting dogs and leave them in nature when their use is done.

I am not against hunting. I don't mind speaking the naked truth about some things either. These kinds of things happen. You should hear me when I get going about child abuse.
Old October 11, 2011, 01:39 AM   #6
FrankenMauser

If BuckeyeDave is actually going to participate on these forums, I'll respond with my opinion on this matter.

Otherwise... this is just a hit-and-run post, and I have no comment.
Old October 11, 2011, 03:43 AM   #7
youngunz4life

http://www.aol.com/2011/10/10/fight-...n_1003197.html

I can't remember the thread where someone was talking about this same issue(2 guys fighting over deer I guess they each thought they had the rights to)///meant for other thread but lost it
Old October 11, 2011, 04:53 AM   #8
Rifleman1776

Definitely unacceptable as shown.
But when the humane society, PETA, or others put out a film I am always suspicious. There was one no too long ago purporting an elephant was being abused. On close examination the story was quite different.
This does look bad and, if real, the practice should be stopped.
Old October 11, 2011, 10:36 AM   #9
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

Off-topic for the Hunt forum. I doubt that this is other than spam.
Closed Thread