The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 4, 2013, 05:45 PM   #1
Fox84

Sd I bought a Baikal Mp220 Coach gun

Fit finish looks good. Nice stock. The issue I have is the side by side barrel wont lock in the receiver. The lever moves well and the receiver seems ok. It just seems the front lug doesn't fit into the receiver enough to hinge back and lock in. I would think some has assembled this and fired this gun before being shipped. I'll try again later as I'am becoming discouraged with my new peice.
Old January 4, 2013, 06:28 PM   #2
Fox84

Had to put the gun up (Wife came home). Tried again this time with a Permatex anti seize and after a few attemts it slides right in. Very tight tolerances for sure. Hope to shoot Sunday. I noticed Buds went up about $40 after I bought this.
Old January 4, 2013, 07:43 PM   #3
BigD_in_FL

After cleaning off all of the shipping preservative, use a little grease on the hinge pin and knuckle area
It should not be too hard to assemble the barrels. You will need to hold the top lever to the right as you put the barrels on
Old January 4, 2013, 08:14 PM   #4
Fox84

I'am thinking after a 100 rounds or so things will be just right. Think i'll have to borrow a slip on pad off a Nagant to accomplish this
Old January 4, 2013, 11:28 PM   #5
Crunchy Frog

Check with cowboy action shooters in your area. They can probably recommend a local gunsmith who can perform a little action work on the Baikal. Those shotguns are rugged but a little stiff out of the box. With a little proper action work it will seem like a different gun.
Old January 7, 2013, 07:45 PM   #6
Fox84

I shot my coach gun about 25 times. I'am glad I had a slip on recoil pad with me. It shoots very well. It is a little stiff,hopefully it will loosenup with use.
Old January 8, 2013, 03:52 PM   #7
BigD_in_FL

You do not want it to loosen up, that would be bad, same as a revolver, or 1911 loosening up. Use a little oil or grease on the sides where the receiver and barrel blocks join together
Old January 8, 2013, 09:19 PM   #8
Crunchy Frog

I stand by my earlier comment.