The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 18, 2024, 11:05 PM   #1
lchorn61

Where to sell reloading equipment and supplies?

Hi! I’m new to this site and forum. I hope I’m not breaking any forum rules, but I need some advice. My husband used to be an avid reloader of several different calibers. He has severe arthritis in his hands now, so he can no longer enjoy shooting or reloading. We already sold most of his reloading stuff, but he still has a large amount of equipment and some brass left. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to liquidate this type of stuff? If I leave it up to our daughter to clean out after we both pass away, she will just throw everything in the trash. I’d rather see other shooters get some good use out of my husband’s reloading stuff.
Old April 19, 2024, 02:03 AM   #2
MrChick

Greetings from Southern Idaho. You might try posting it on Zidaho.
Old April 19, 2024, 02:25 AM   #3
tangolima

Try posting on calguns for California, or similar fora where you are.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old April 19, 2024, 04:08 AM   #4
44 AMP
Staff

Go talk to the people at your local gunshop, range or club, depending on what you have you might just run into people who will want it, or know someone who does. Not all the people who are into reloading are online.

About nobody will take opened cans of powder, but brass, bullets, tools, and primers will be in demand.

Do be aware of the guys who will try to give less than full value, lots of them out there, these days.

Make a list of what you have to sell, include enough technical information so people can identify the items. Make and model of tools, for example.
Old April 19, 2024, 09:18 AM   #5
rc

Lots of scammers on craigslist but if you are OK with a face to face transaction, it can help connect you with young guys getting into reloading. I bought used equipment and new equipment and the used equipment was available from people like your husband. The questions is if he wants top dollar, go with ebay, but least hassle, put a lot price on it and advertise local.
Old April 19, 2024, 10:01 AM   #6
Unclenick
Staff

Ebay is a good place to search for similar items and to see what they sell for to get you some idea of pricing. It can also be used for everything except powder and primers, as those require hazmat shipping from a commercial location equipped to do hazmat shipping, even if unopened and in original packaging. A notice on a bulletin board (old fashioned corkboard and paper type) at a local gun club may bring you a response. A club I belong to would happily post the for-sale information in their monthly bulletin so members looking for your items would be able to make an offer, so your local gun clubs might offer a similar opportunity.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old April 25, 2024, 05:50 PM   #7
GGALLIN1776

While I'm not a huge fan of ebay, that's where I've found most of my brass/dies/press.

The only thing you can't list on there is powder or primers.