The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 29, 2000, 11:47 PM   #1
tstr

Has anyone ever used the Poly-choke? http://www.marblearms.com/choke.html

Are they reliable? Do they work?

tstr
Old July 30, 2000, 01:20 AM   #2
NJW

I put a ventelated version on mw 1100 about 18 years ago and it has been a great choke. This was before the screw-in choke was common and I liked the idea of not having to carry the xtra tubes. I patterend it to see if it really worked and it does what it is supposed to. My only problem has been the ventalated end getting lots of powder/wad fouling deposits on it after a while. I just scrape it off witha dull knofe and keep shooting. I suppose that the poly choke is kind of passes these days but I still like mine.

NJW in AZ
Old July 30, 2000, 07:58 AM   #3
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Had a Remington Model 11 with one, once. It worked OK, but I had trouble with my sight picture, it was like swinging the gun with an onion on the end of the bbl. Lots of folks like them, and I got good patterns from that piece.

Note that shooting slugs REQUIRES using an open setting,to avoid busting off the "Petals".