The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old July 4, 1999, 08:49 PM   #1
KC

Hi,
I'm getting a G21 Thurs the 8th and I'm in the habit of using hardcast lead bullets for practice. I was planning on buying a Barsto barrel to avoid the kaboom factor, but now I've read several posts elsewhere by Glocksters using hardcast bullets and common sense with no problems. I would sooner spend 200 bucks on bullets and powder than on a bbl. I don't really need. Your thoughts, anyone?
Hi Buzz!
Old July 5, 1999, 05:54 AM   #2
John Hurd

Had the same deal you have, tried to shoot loads that I had for my 1911 and they felt stout ckecked the brass and there was a wart on the case just above the rim, be careful. I purchased the KKM barrel from the GlockMeister shoots well no problems with lead. Way less expensive than Barstow too..
Old July 5, 1999, 10:58 AM   #3
WESHOOT2

Eat the cost, send that puppy off to Jarvis for a hard-fit barrel.
You will so glad you did..........and the k-boom peace of mind.........and the enhanced accuracy..........and the ablility to compare loads with two barrels........sent my G20 to them, all stated reasons apply.

Or not.

------------------
"All my ammo is factory ammo"