The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 21, 2005, 06:30 PM   #1
aceeight

help needed on browning shotguns

.I have 2 Browning 12 gauge double automatics that were left to me by a brother. This guns were part of my uncles collection in which he bought the entire collection at auction. My instructions are to keep one for myself, and give the other to another brother. While I am interested in the value of these guns, it's not the most important factor in considering which one I will keep. I will shot my gun while my other brother likely will never fire his. Neither will ever be for sale and his son will likely inherit both guns. Any information about the values, history, and opinions of these guns would be much appreciated.

1 is a Browning Double Automatic 12 gauge (made in Belgium) Mfg 1955-57 Serial # Ab 727 gold etching on the receiver

The other is a Browing Twelvette Double Automatic (made in Belgium) Mfg 1955-57 Serial # a12 229 This gun has a aluminum receiver.

My uncle used these guns for competitive shooting. I have pictures...can they be posted on this forum?
aceeight is online now Edit/Delete Message
Old March 23, 2005, 06:22 PM   #2
aceeight

wrong serial #

The Browning double automatic serial number turns out to be A13 727. (old eyes)