The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old April 7, 2013, 09:09 PM   #1
old fart

cylinder and arm for nef r92- 22lr 9 shot

where can i find one of these?, i have checked online and the arm is available but the cylinder is no where to be found. thanks
Old April 8, 2013, 07:06 PM   #2
Dfariswheel

Most gun companies will not allow cylinders to be sold by anyone but the maker and only for factory installation.
Cylinders are THE most fitted and adjusted revolver part and it has to be done by an expert to insure it fits and functions safely and correctly.

That's why most gun companies list cylinders and ejectors as ASSEMBLIES, and why they list them as "Restricted" parts...factory installation ONLY.
Old April 9, 2013, 12:06 PM   #3
nanewt02

The only thing you an really do if you choose not to go the factory route is to wait, patiently, searching eBay gunbroker etc and EVENTUALLY, someone will sell one, people occasionally part out their old guns
Old April 9, 2013, 12:08 PM   #4
nanewt02

But as dfariswheel said, fitting it is left to professionals but that's not to say its not impossible to do at home
Old April 9, 2013, 10:38 PM   #5
DPris
Member Emeritus

Factory can't help with that one.
Denis
Old April 17, 2013, 05:19 PM   #6
old fart

went to a gun store about 30 miles away yesterday, the guy had just been to an auction. when i asked him about a cylinder he said he didn't know how to get one but would sell me a whole gun. he had bought a h&r 622 22lr, it looked like a new one and was in perfect condition. he had a h&r in 32s&w, don't know the model but it was nice. then he brought out a nef r-92 22lr just like mine, worked perfect but does have surface rust a little not bad just a few specs here and there. i sked him the price on the nef and he said $85 and he would through in a 50rd box of ammo. so i bought it, he also recommended flitz metal polish to get the rust off, will this work or should i just use oil and 0000 steel wool? thanks