The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old November 16, 2012, 09:03 PM   #1
Keepin_Jeepin

Barrett rifle trade

I have a Cherokee that is a wheeler (about 1500 invested) and built by me.

There is a guy online that wants to trade his Barrett REC7 in 6.8mm spc for a toy. He is thinking about it. And I am unsure how realistic his value is, being you can find this gun for 2k on gunbroker.

Thoughts?

Here is his ad

Quote:
i have up for sale/trade a Barrett REC 7 in 6.8mm spc($2200 new), that has only had around 35 rounds through it (basically brand new not a scratch on it). i got it in a trade... the previous owner said it has modified (timney i believe) trigger, stock, forward hand grip with retractable bipod, and a few other modifications (cant remember all of them but said he had around $550 into it). it also has Leopold cqt mark 4 optics on it ($1000 new), and comes with 7 - 30 round Barrett (high quality) ($40 + each mag) mags and they are all full of ammo. also included are hornady 6.8 reloading dies and 1000 hornady .270 110 grain v-max bullet tips for reloading (compatible with the 6.8 brass)(around $300) and a tactical camo soft case ($150). which comes out to $4480 not including ammo in mags + a couple boxes of ammo so probably close to $4600+ new

asking $4000 firm cash total package or trades trade value $4300 welcome
will add pictures soon

interested in kimber 1911's, ar-15, ar-10, .308, .223, hunting rifles, s&w 500, .38 special, 7mm, nice 30.06, 300 win mag, stainless steel preferred on guns, dirtbikes, street bikes, truck, car, etc.
And my Jeep

What does everyone think about this?