The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old November 1, 2010, 01:53 PM   #1
FrontSight

My squirrel hunt video...

I went squirrel hunting on Friday, forgot how much fun they can be. Filmed it with i-Kam extreme glasses, hope you like it...

If you get bored, then skip ahead to 4:30 for the first one bagged...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MWDIk425B8
Old November 1, 2010, 06:57 PM   #2
BIG P

This is how we squirrel hunt in GA. Not a video but you get the idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG019.JPG (134.7 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG018.jpg (166.9 KB, 48 views)
Old November 1, 2010, 07:09 PM   #3
FrontSight

Quote:
This is how we squirrel hunt in GA. Not a video but you get the idea.
Awesome
Old November 1, 2010, 09:55 PM   #4
BIG P

SCRAP 5000 Me & my lab were taking a hike in the hardwoods & seen a ringtail
hawk hit the nest,THE mother and sister were killed. Squeaky was the lone serviver of the atac his eyes were'nt open yet he fell about 60'' to the ground & was squeaking like crazy.The hawk was still in the area so the rescue was on.the little fellow has turned out to be 1 off the family a great pet but will be released in the spring.he's out side alot we're training him to find his own food that we hide & make his own nest.I think he'll be fine.
Old November 1, 2010, 10:16 PM   #5
abelacres

I been thinking about getting a pair of those myself. How do you like them? The video quality was pretty good. Have you tried them in low light?

**Big P
That's awesome you rescued and are rehabilitating a squirrel.
You sir, are a better and braver man than I.
Given the choice, I would rather grab a Husquvarna chainsaw by the blade with the throttle stuck wide open than try to pickup or handle a wild squirrel. (You have the option of turning loose the chainsaw- the squirrel not so much)
Old November 2, 2010, 03:33 PM   #6
FrontSight

That's an awesome story, BIG P!

abelacres: I like them a lot, but they do have some drawbacks:

1) No external batteries, so once the batteries are dead you need an outlet or a laptop to recharge, which is not easy or possible in the field

2) If you leave them on standby, they shut off after only 30 seconds

3) They take about 10 seconds after turning on to be ready to record, so you miss a lot of recording opportunities when the action is fast.

You could just record for 3 hours straight, I guess, but then you need to keep track of what time action occurred, or you will have a long & frustrating time trying to find your useful footage....

Oh, and they aren't bad at all under low light; MUCH better than the original Epic Cam...