The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old September 13, 2011, 01:29 PM   #1
cobrahd1999

I have a Jinsen T-99 that needs parts

I have a Jinsen ld T-99 that needs firing pin, spring and Last Ditch safety if any one has these parts for sale please contact me.

thanks for your time
Old September 13, 2011, 04:28 PM   #2
mkk41

Don't know what that is exactly , but for hard to find gunparts , I've always had the best luck with Bob's Gun Parts. www.gun-parts.com
Old September 13, 2011, 05:30 PM   #3
muddinman_04

Best place to look is right here: Japanese Trader
Old September 14, 2011, 03:38 AM   #4
Gunplummer

try the Japanese trader or THE GUN PARTS CORPORATION. I have taken to auction in the last year over 50 Arisakas. And 1 footlocker to the top with parts. I don't remember if Jinsen is Chinese or Korean, but the safety and bolt on the Korean ones are really ugly. I don't collect anymore but came by most of my stuff at gunshows. That might be the place to start. It is a shame you did not need the stuff earlier.
Old September 14, 2011, 09:36 AM   #5
muddinman_04

Wow, I wish I would have known you were getting rid of all those rifles and parts, gunplummer!

Quote:
I don't remember if Jinsen is Chinese or Korean
The Jinsen Type 99 was made in Korea under Japanese Occupation.
Old September 14, 2011, 10:57 AM   #6
Gunplummer

Yeah, the Korean stuff pops up at shows. They look too scarey to shoot. Most of the sheet metal looks as if it was hand foraged. I think what the most common safety on them should look like is round, flat on the back with a glob of weld in the middle. It really does not matter as it seems that near the end of the war they shoveled up parts and just threw the last ditch stuff together. I had a T-99 with no serial no# and have seen others.
Old September 14, 2011, 11:08 AM   #7
Gunplummer

Muddinman 04

If you collect Arisakas, now is the time to watch the shows and Auctions. Hard times and I see a lot of Japanese stuff listed. I did really well with my stuff. I had battle damaged guns and they sold for more than the nice ones! I am getting old and moving into a place I can handle easier. I kept 5-6 I sporterized for hunting but that is it. I have about 150 bows at an Auction House right now and in two years had already sold off 125-150. Where the heck does it all come from?
Old September 14, 2011, 01:23 PM   #8
muddinman_04

That's a heck of a collection!

I had a Toyo Kogyo Substitute Standard that the weld on the safety actually broke after firing it. That was the last time I fired one of the last ditch rifles.

I do like the battle damaged rifles. I have a couple of them myself. They have great character to say the least!