The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 29, 2006, 12:51 PM   #1
gonz

Q's on Mossberg Country Squire 20g.

I'm buying an older shotgun from a friend and I am hoping someone could shed some light on it:
New Haven by Mossberg
Country Squire
20 g.
#H004XXX
There is a hunting scene on the left (non-ejector) side with a couple of quails and on the right (ejector) side there is a pheasant.

I searched here, at shotgun news, e gun parts, and Mossberg site itself. I thought about joining the gun collectors club for Mossbergs, but all I want is a little more info. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks- mark

I found out it's a 600CT by Mossberg- mark

Last edited by gonz; August 31, 2006 at 01:00 PM. Reason: found info on shotgun
Old September 7, 2006, 12:43 PM   #2
applekev

I have a 12 ga. New Haven 600 AT by Mossberg? Don't know how old it is, but it's in premo condition, I heard it's the same as a 500. Cost me a whole $100 from a buddy.
Old October 16, 2007, 11:37 PM   #3
edders

nice gun

I got this gun in 78 for Christmas when i was 16. My first time out I got a grouse a bunny and a squirrel, in that order in three consecutive shots! in about 5 seconds!!!! something you never forget! Then some years I shot up 2-3 boxes and never hit a d@Mn thing.. other years dinner every other shot, including a grouse double... go figure.. I do like this gun, it's light, dependable and an old friend. It's a little long for grouse and has trouble with the 2nd shell. I filed a notch inside the barrel on the bottom to help that.