The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old May 20, 2010, 03:49 PM   #1
ArtN

Central Washington Ranges

Hi, I will be staying in Eastern Washington for 6 to 8 months and would like to know where there are firearms ranges, indoors or outdoors, preferable close to Ellensburg. thanks
Old May 21, 2010, 01:33 PM   #2
Bart Noir

Wind.

I can't answer your questions since I don't go to that part of the state to shoot.

But whenever I am there, the wind is blowing. Strongly blowing quite often. My car was actually damaged by a wind gust once in E-burg.

So your outdoor shooting may get a bit sporty

The Selah / Yakima valley is not that far away from Ellensburg and I suggest you include that in your search for a place to shoot. The owner of Ace Arms in Selah may be able to give you recommendations, and you do need to drop in there to shop.

http://www.acearms.net/aboutus.html

Bart Noir
Old May 21, 2010, 10:38 PM   #3
44 AMP
Staff

probably outside the area for you to travel, but there is a range complex outside of Benton City, about 15miles west of Richland. That would be around 100 miles from Ellensburg.

I'm sure there are ranges closer, but I don't know them. I do know someone from Selah, and will ask him about ranges closer to Ellensburg when I see him next week.
Old May 22, 2010, 08:39 PM   #4
ArtN

Eastern Washington

Hi, thanks for your response, not much in this area. l will visit Ace Arms in Selah when I get out there, only 60 miles from where I will be staying, it looks like I will need to find someone with acres of land that I can convince to allow me to shoot targets on his property, that will work..

The closest indoor ranges I know of are in Bellevue, of which there are several.

Thanks again

Art
Old May 23, 2010, 01:35 PM   #5
tumbleweed

ephrata has a nice club,its a outdoor one,the windy season is allmost over!
Old May 23, 2010, 10:04 PM   #6
Buzzcook

Get to know a local and shoot on private land. There is a lot on nothing out there, so finding public land to shoot on shouldn't be too difficult.
Old May 24, 2010, 08:18 PM   #7
qwert

Location: legal mail,dl,etc.in carson city. currintly in wn. state doing volunteer work for the state parks sysyem
shooting range

Spokane is closer than Bellivew.Thereis a really nice facility.Spokane Gun Club.com. Shot there often. Good folks
Old May 25, 2010, 07:32 PM   #8
Bart Noir

That Spokane Gun Club seems to be only trap and skeet.

Bart Noir
Who likes more kinds of shooting.
Old May 27, 2010, 09:26 PM   #9
44 AMP
Staff

Check with the NRA, to see what clubs and ranges they have listed in the area. I'm sure there are at least some.
Old June 6, 2010, 04:55 PM   #10
ArtN

Central Washington ranges

Hi, thanks for all the help, Spokane is 200 miles from Ellensburg, Bellevue is 60-70 miles, but with that said, I got to talking to a Police officer in Ellensburg and they have their own shooting range, but he did tell me a local Pawn shop had a few stalls of 25 yds long open to the public. So I need to check that out, which would be great for me. So for everyone's info, Ellensburg has a small shooting range, which is indoors.

With all the handgun being purchase and getting popular as we speak, more indoor ranges will start popping up, I hope.
Old June 7, 2010, 01:10 AM   #11
golfnutrlv

Well if you want to come over to Spokane there is:

Spokane Rifle Club, North side ish, toward Nine Mile. 25 yd pistol/rifle, 100/200 yard rifle, and shotgun field.

Mice Range, a little rustic, run by a not so friendly old man, but a nice place to shoot. goes out to just over 1,000 yards i believe.

If you just want to shoot pistol, try Sharp Shooting Indoor Range in Spoakne, Trent and Freya. 50 foot indoor pistol, great rental guns, good prices.

There are other places to shoot around here, this is just a start. Enjoy.
America is at an awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.
Old June 7, 2010, 09:20 AM   #12
isanchez2008

I live in the area. There is the LT Murray wildlife area that has a shooting area. It is just outside of selah. It is about 600yrds long with tall hills for a backdrop and smaller ones on the sides. It takes me about 25 minutes to get to Ellensburg from where i live and the range isn't far from me. If you would like more detailed directions and have any questions pm me. Oh and there is also Sun Valley Shooting Park which is 12 miles outside of moxee. That is a very nice outdoor range. $10 for non members gets you access to the 25yrd pistol and 100yrd rifle range. They have skeet, 5 stand and some longe rifle ranges also. Hope this helps
Old June 7, 2010, 01:44 PM   #13
Bart Noir

At last!

Quote:
Mice Range, a little rustic,....
Now I know where to go to sight in my mouse-guns

Actually, I know that Spokane range rather well. I pulled and marked targets there back when a .223 bullet in a target match was very rare. And very hard to find on the target, while the shooter is 'on the clock' and waiting for his target to pop back up.

There is a story (not saying it is true, but hope it is) about a guy who bought a house near the range, his address being 'xxx Rifle Club Road' who then sued to stop the bad noise. His suit didn't get far in court

Bart Noir
Old June 7, 2010, 07:56 PM   #14
itman

It has been 15 + years since I went to CWU but I think there is a range in Cle Elum. And I have seen many a person shooting on open land out behind the Yakama river gorge. Again it has been 15 years.

Make friends with the locals (can be hard to do) then know where to go... Also have a Campus u totem burger (best in the world).