The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old October 17, 2006, 07:36 PM   #1
Tom2

Refresh Pistol barrel?

OK I got a custom made, or at least semi custom, nice Hawken pistol for cheap. For alot less than even a parts set. But someone must have not known enough to clean the bore correctly. Found out this 50 cal is kinda crusty inside, but beaut. outside. I want to have the bore refreshed or rebored to .54. Anyone know someone who for sure will refresh this pistol bore? Someone who is actually prepared to rebore a complete muzzle loader, without me having to strip the barrel down to it's basics. Thanks.
Old October 17, 2006, 08:56 PM   #2
4V50 Gary
Staff

Bobby Hoyt does my work for me. He inserted a liner into one barrel and relined a S&W revolver for me. He is very well respected in the black powder community but he is slow so be patient.
Old October 18, 2006, 06:31 PM   #3
Tom2

More info

OK you got a contact for him? Where is he at? BTW this gun was built from the Pecatonica River Hawken pistol parts kit, and looks just like the one in their website, with the metal swivel ramrod instead of wooden. Could pay a smith a good price to fix the bore and still come out less than the total for the parts, easily! Did not pay alot. Thanks, Tom