The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 24, 2010, 02:07 PM   #1
kirbythegunsmith

Winchester 1400 magazine throats, 12, 20 ga.

Winchester 1400 magazine throats, 12, 20 ga.
I have just gotten a limited supply of one piece magazine feed throats for 12 and 20 gauge Winchester 1400, and these are available for proper installation and fitting to resolve double-feed and mis-feed issues caused by a damaged or broken throat.

The 1400 series does have a few unique issues that can develop and then inhibit proper function, but once those issues are identified and corrected, they can be a soft-recoiling and reliable mechanism. I recently had cleaned one 12 ga. that had been through 30 years of rabbit hunting before the original owner had started having cycling issues due to the considerable gunk accumulated inside the action.

I also had an older Winchester Model 50 that had been through over 40 years of similar use, and the wear that wasn't present made me believe another 40 years would be no big deal to that particular shotgun.

Kirby
http://theshotgunshop.net/
Articles containing valuable information are on every page.