The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Closed Thread

Old May 20, 2008, 11:20 AM   #1
44and45

Any bullet swaging at your reloading bench???

Wisconsin

There is at my bench, and I got tired of swaging bullets that were hard to eject from the swaging die, they required excessive force to eject them...pounding them out with a mallet seemed the usual way of doing it.

Then invented an automatic bullet ejector that had a lot of rods and bars but got the job done...(see first picture)

But decided to make something even better, an automatic bullet ejector that was based on a square box, coil spring, that had enough strong tension to eject the bullet from the swaging die body...thus, placing the bullet back on the ram shell holder nose punch as it left the swage die.

I made one in .432 diameter, and one in .452 and .454 diameter bullet ejectors.

Once you have made a Box Spring ABE, (automatic bullet ejector) you merely change out the swage ejector that screw on & off, thus making the ABE interchangeable with different calibers.

Part required to make the ABE are less than $20.00 and can advise you where to acquire them.

For more information . . . . Plans are available . . . .

Thanks, Jim

Note: First device had lots of rods and bars but worked great...

Then the more compact ABE box spring affair came into being...much better.

Last edited by 44and45; May 20, 2008 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Added text to picture
Closed Thread