The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old February 13, 2000, 06:43 PM   #1
The Rock

Okay, The Rock will admit he might be going off the deep end here, but what The Rock wants, The Rock usually gets.

I noticed SARCO sells kits for the Browning 1919A4 and A6. Everything but the right hand side plate. An advertiser in SGN has templates for a full auto sideplate, but that is a big no-no with the BATmen. I was hoping that somebody could steer me in the direction of one. I was going to get the 1919A4 kit in .308 and also a tripod. I do know that a company called TNW Inc. is making a complete one, semi-only, with tripod, but they want ~$2500 for it. The kit from Sarco is less than $350. How hard could it be? I have built 2 AR15 with no problems and could take it to a smith pretty easy if I had trouble. Any ideas from the crowd?

TR
Old February 13, 2000, 10:19 PM   #2
Outlaw1

Rock, Give Gun Parts Corp. a call at (914) 679-4867. Here's their website: www.gunpartscorp.com
If you ever get through after calling , ask for Richard at the order desk.
Friday I spent about 20 minutes talking to him, and he really knows his stuff when it comes to tripod mounted weapons (A4s, M2s, etc.) He could probably tell you where to find a semi sideplate, as well as the other semi parts you'd need. They are also considerably cheaper than Sarco, which is also a big help.
He also let me know they've got a lot of A4/A6 stuff, and tripods, that are NOT listed in their catalog!
You may end up having to call one of the companies that make the semi-autos though.
Good luck!

------------------
We ARE the Militia!