The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old January 24, 2002, 10:23 PM   #1
CD1

how about this one...

I read tonight in the Memphis paper. An accountant was in the mens room in an office building, sitting on the can. A crack addict looks UNDER the stall door and tells him to give up his wallet!!
Not kidding here. The poor old guy has his pant around his ankles, trying to take a dump, and the crack addict pulls him off the can by his ankles. Pulls him out of the stall, and tears off his left pants leg while stealing his wallet. [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]?!?!? They catch the guy. Damn if that isn't one of the strangest ways to get held up.
Old January 24, 2002, 10:26 PM   #2
C.R.Sam

Rare but not unique.

Sam
Old January 25, 2002, 03:04 AM   #3
Jake 98c/11b

Erick, more than one cop has left his service pistol behind that way. Keep your pants around your knees and your handgun will ride in your pantleg against the calf. This works for me and unless your calves are smaller than my forearm or your pants are four sizes too big you should be good to go.
Old January 25, 2002, 08:16 AM   #4
David Scott

Back in the days when you could smoke in public, I stopped in a rest room at El Paso Airport. I saw a hand creeping toward my wallet from the next stall, and simply touched it with a lit Winston. Worked like a charm.

These days I would probably try to draw my initials with my CRKT folding knife.
"As I looked at my two young sons, each with his gun, and considered how much the safety of the party depended on these little fellows, I felt grateful to you, dear husband, for having acquainted them in childhood with the use of firearms."

-- Elisabeth Robinson, in The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss
Old January 25, 2002, 09:05 AM   #5
Hemicuda

I once stomped the heel of a cowboy boot into a hand that was a little left of center, while I was dropping a kid in the pool at a public restroom...

that seemed to work very well also!

gun and car collector.
Rare cars, and rarer guns.
Old January 25, 2002, 09:40 AM   #6
Kharn

All the more reason to hold your CCW between your teeth, no self-respecting crackhead would argue with a guy holding a gun that shows teeth marks on the slide.

Kharn
Old January 25, 2002, 10:42 AM   #7
Rickmeister

I've always said it: Taking a dump in a public WC is like swimming. Don't go it alone. If you have to, stick your wallet in your shirt pocket, under your cap, or between your teeth. Always allow one hand to be free at all times, as you will need it to fend off any under-clutches that happen your way. The other hand will be too busy.
Old January 25, 2002, 10:48 AM   #8
Betty

Quote:
I saw a hand creeping toward my wallet from the next stall, and simply touched it with a lit Winston. Worked like a charm.
I am laughing so hard, I had to tell my curious co-workers!

I wear a bellyband, so my gun is always in the same place, no matter what "situation" I'm in. A paddle holster would be my second option - easy to remove and place in my lap without having to slide it out from belt loops.

I hang my purse on the coat-rack hanger on the bathroom door, or string it on the doorknob so it can't be snatched.