The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 18, 2017, 10:39 PM   #1
Tibult

Bought a Used M&P 9C

Bought a used M&P 9C with 2 mags and box for $360 out the door. It looked almost new and it has updated trigger its a July 2015 production.Put 130 rounds through it FMJ and a mix of different hollow point ammo weights.Was flawless no issues whatsoever cant say that about the Sig P320 in 40 I had and Walther PPS M2.

I was rapid shooting one low paper shot, a few bulls eye hits,and the rest left of center in the 9 and 8 ring at 10 yards but the groups were very tight and in the silhouette about the size of a cantaloupe.I can compensate that by aiming front sight right of the bulls eye an inch and it would go in the center. My purpose of this gun is defensive use at less then 10 yards so bulls eye precision accuracy is not my #1 concern reliability is and then combat grade accuracy.

115 Grain Hornady critical defense and Speer gold dot 147 grain is what I will carry in this gun they both worked great in it.
I sold my Glock 23 since I carry a Glock 30sf and I want a secondary carry gun in 9mm that is smaller then the 23.The Canik TP9 SF Elite will take over its role as a full size once I get it back from Century so it can shoot light target ammo without choking.

I may buy the M&P 2.0 full size in 9mm once its been out for a few months and a Performance Center Shield in 45 ACP.I am thoroughly impressed with Smith and Wesson they have been consistent with every pistol I have owned from them like Glock and Ruger.
Old January 19, 2017, 01:12 AM   #2
marine6680

Shoot from a rest and see how the bullets land.

Often, it is the shooter causing the shift in impact vs aiming point.

The M&P trigger required some practice to get good with.

Personally... I polish my trigger bar to make the pull smoother, especially at the striker block. It really helped the trigger pull on my M&P. I also dislike the hinged trigger, it feels like it flexes to me, so I replace it with an Apex part.

But I really do like my M&Ps, the ergos are great.
Old January 19, 2017, 01:28 AM   #3
HiBC

I like my 9c.

Colorado has a 15 rd mag limit.I found some S+W 15 rd mags at Brownells.(17 is normal) These are the full size M+P mags.

I put the Apex duty and carry kit plus the aluminum trigger in mine.I'm happy.

I can't have everything,but I do have to admit the 7 + 1 capacity of the 45 Shield plus its narrow,and what?23 oz? Compared to a 1911? I'll just say "Interesting!"(In a Shield,the 9mm is 8+1)
Old January 19, 2017, 09:57 AM   #4
Tibult

Quote:
Shoot from a rest and see how the bullets land.
The indoor range I went to does not allow shooting from a rest only off hand shooting while standing.
Old January 21, 2017, 11:02 AM   #5
carguychris

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine6680
The M&P trigger required some practice to get good with.
Additionally, for reasons that cannot be explained by medical science, many righties seem to shoot left when they first use one. It's oddly consistent.

I recommend extensive dry firing and more range visits before you change anything.