The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 6, 2010, 07:23 PM   #1
gaseousclay

gun safes: 5 long guns or less

does anyone out there make a decent, fire-proof gun safe that holds 5 long guns or less? I don't foresee myself owning an arsenal of guns in the future, so the smaller the safe the better. so, are there any companies out there that make a solid gun safe for those of us with small gun collections? any recommendations would be appreciated
Old November 6, 2010, 07:47 PM   #2
Adirondack

I honestly think the best made gun safe for the money is made by Sturdy Safe. Yes it will cost more than what you'll find at a department store but the design, use of materials, warranty, customer service the fact they are completely made in America (if that's important to you it is to me from a quality standpoint). This company makes the best gun safes in anything even remotely close to the price. With fire lining you are looking at around $1600 but that includes shipping and a lifetime warranty if anything goes wrong with it including burglary or fire. Btw, their fire insulation is a real fire barrier designed for high temperature and optimized for preventing heat transfer. Take a look at them and if it is a little above your price range, I'd suggest saving a little while to get one, you'll definitely appreciate your purchase. Here's the smallest one they make and it does still give you a little room to grow your collection:

http://www.sturdysafe.com/model2419.htm

Last edited by Adirondack; November 8, 2010 at 02:50 AM.
Old November 6, 2010, 08:02 PM   #3
a1abdj

What type of budget are you looking to spend within? What would be the minimum interior height?

Last edited by a1abdj; November 6, 2010 at 08:11 PM.