The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 5, 2005, 09:13 PM   #1
H. Nowak

Stoeger vs Winchester, Help??

Hey I'm looking for some advice from some duck hunting enthusiasts. After much prodding from some friends, I tried duck hunting for the first time last season and, well now, I am hooked. Last season I used my Remington 1100 (which I love as an upland gun) but did not like the idea of shooting steel through it, besides it only chambers 2 3/4 shells and has a fixed modified barrel. I had recently had my eye on either the Winchester super X2 or Remingtons 11-87. However I noticed an ad in a recent Gander MT flyer for the Stoeger 2000 which acually has Benellis inertia driven operating system at a very reasonable price. Does anyone have any experience with these guns and if so could you give me some guidance.
Thanks,
H. Nowak
Old March 5, 2005, 09:36 PM   #2
cntryboy1289

yes it is a good deal

I have a buddy who bought one. He loves it. I have a benneli and he would always say he wanted one but couldn't afford one. He bought the stoeger and shoots most any shell through it without flaw. The Turks make a very good gun.
Old March 6, 2005, 09:18 PM   #3
H. Nowak

Thanks for your input cntryboy. I actually had an opportunity to check one out today. I liked the feel, very light and it fit me well. I was pleased to here your positive review as I am seriously considering picking one up. One last thing, how long has your friend owned his?