The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 22, 2009, 01:23 AM   #1
mrnkc130

Glock 26 IWB holster

I have been having quite a hard time finding at IWB holster I like for my glock 26. Most everything I have found keeps the gun way to high, I cant bend over at all with out imprinting and its always getting caught on chairs and everything else. I've had to start twisting it parallel with my belt, which makes it more difficult to draw and if it does get caught on something it almost falls off my belt, which is not good.

What I'm looking for is a deep concealment IWB for the small of my back. Also would like something with smaller metal clip, dont like the huge plastic ones that are 1/2inch thick and look like the are designed to go over a tool belt. I'm too fat i guess for strong side carry cause my gun ends up angling out too much!

if you have found something like this please let me know where i can get one, im getting frustrated with carrying being such a pain in the butt! i fear if i dont find something that works soon i'll end up getting a fanny pack!
Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man,the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a timehanded out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now
restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things:bread and circuses (Juvenal, Satire 10.77–81)
Old October 26, 2009, 08:42 PM   #2
Coop de Ville

Take a look at the high noon hidden alley. It is about as thin as you're going to get. It is not SOB, but I don't recall ever seeing an iwb/sob. If you don't ming me asking what is your general structure. That might help.

Most iwb holsters will ride high... just the nature of the beast.

-Coop

http://www.highnoonholsters.com
"If chance be the father of all flesh, disaster is his rainbow in the sky. And when you hear a 'state of emergencies, sniper kills ten, troops on rampage, whites go looting, bomb blasts school,' it is but the sound of man , worshipping his maker." - S. Turner
Old October 27, 2009, 05:27 AM   #3
mrnkc130

I'm probably 40 lbs over wieght 6'3". you're right all those holsters ride just about as high as the one I have now. I have seen a few "deep concealment" holsters online thru amazon but they all looked really cheap, the design though looked pretty good. i'd just hate to buy another holster that i end up not liking. I guess it doesnt really matter if it is set up for sob. not having it canted at all really doesnt bother me. I would rather give up a few milliseconds on draw time to be able to comfortably conceal my gun and not worry about imprinting. im so glad winter is here, it has been cold enough here lately to wear a jacket so i have really been enojoying that.
Already long ago, from when we sold our vote to no man,the People have abdicated our duties; for the People who once upon a timehanded out military command, high civil office, legions — everything, now
restrains itself and anxiously hopes for just two things:bread and circuses (Juvenal, Satire 10.77–81)
Old October 28, 2009, 08:22 PM   #4
Coop de Ville

At 6'3" you should be fine with an owb now that winter's here. You have a few months to research. I carry my 26 in a black widow

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...p?TxtModelID=5

it's such a short gun it hides under a t shirt. I'm 5'7" and don't have problems. I haven't carried iwb in years due to it not being as comfortable.

The deep iwb holsters seem to be difficult to draw, you really need to get your hand on the grip and fast.

For me if I had to carry iwb I would look at a kydex version, maybe bladetech. Reason being is that iwb leather can squeeze too tight making it difficult to draw. The hidden alley is very thin cheap looking leather. But, with a tight belt it's very hard to draw.

Keep us posted.

-Coop
"If chance be the father of all flesh, disaster is his rainbow in the sky. And when you hear a 'state of emergencies, sniper kills ten, troops on rampage, whites go looting, bomb blasts school,' it is but the sound of man , worshipping his maker." - S. Turner
Old October 28, 2009, 08:41 PM   #5
riggins_83

Check out the Galco Second Amendment IWB. Narrow Jhook, well designed holster
Old October 29, 2009, 08:37 AM   #6
nhsmoker

how about an adjustable holster such as http://www.kholster.com/products.htm then you can adjust the depth and cant to your liking and you should be able to carry strong side with the adjustments
Old October 29, 2009, 12:09 PM   #7
Logs

I like my IWB holster from FIST
Old October 29, 2009, 05:26 PM   #8
dairycreek

When I was packing a G26 I used an IWB holster by Sidearmor and found it to be absolutely excellent in every way. Give it a long look.

GOOD SHOOTING
Old October 30, 2009, 01:51 AM   #9
mrnkc130

Thanks everyone! i'll have to look at these when i get home (stupid work computer security crap) hopefully i will have time tomorrow...thanks again
Old October 30, 2009, 09:45 AM   #10
bruce12

I have been looking at switching mine for G23 also same issues. Thinking of going with one from crossbreed. http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/