The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 19, 2013, 06:38 PM   #1
Tmitch

Hornady Lock-N-Load Classic Press

I'm rethinking of my choice a for starting out after 20 years away from reloading. Are the Hornday presses still made in the U.S.A.? I'm looking for an opinion on the Hornady Lock-N-Load Single Stage Classic press. I be using the Hornady press mounted primmer system. I'll be reloading for two (2) pistol calibers, 44 mag and 45 auto rim. The L-N-L system, is not as fast as a turret press it will be fast enough until I get more confidence in my reloading skill again.

Terry Mitchell
Danville, IL.
Old May 19, 2013, 07:05 PM   #2
lee n. field

There's very little reloading equipment that I'm aware of that's not made in the USA.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old May 19, 2013, 08:17 PM   #3
LE-28

The "Smart Reloader" brand is the only one I know of. I think it's made in China.

As to Hornady classic single stage, it's as good as any and will probably last you the rest of your life.
Old May 19, 2013, 09:30 PM   #4
jwrowland77

Hornady Lock-N-Load Classic Press

I have the Hornady Classic LNL, and I love it! No need to look any further. Get it and love it and use it a lifetime.
Old May 19, 2013, 09:55 PM   #5
boxing21

I too have the Hornady LNL Classic. Great press, the Hornady die bushings are fantastic for fast die changes. I say go for it.
Old May 21, 2013, 01:06 AM   #6
Northrider

I also have the LNL single stage press. The only issue I have had is the primer feed. I hand prime now but that was the only problem. I have had the press for over five years and load all my handgun calibers with it.
You will love it.