The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old November 24, 2009, 03:39 PM   #1
dyl

remove firing pin, Bernardelli P0-18?

Hey guys,

I think I may need to replace a firing pin spring on a Bernardelli P0-18. It'd be nice to see for myself by looking at the spring. Anyone know how to do it?

I'm having a lot of trouble getting this thing out. There's no backplate, just a plunger and little hole about a cm towards the muzzle. There doesn't seem to be a respective hole on the top side of the slide if that little hole contains a pin.

I've tried to look up how to remove firing pins but all I get on the 'net are ones with backplates and the cz52 (wish it were that easy, just push plunger)

I hope I don't have to remove the pin that holds the back sights on but I might. Any ideas? - thanks in advance.
Old November 24, 2009, 10:42 PM   #2
dyl

Haven't made much progress, but I now think the problem for me is removing the "firing pin stop pin" if I read it correctly. Found an old diagram for a Bernardelli VP (not my model) but it should be related.