The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old May 18, 2015, 04:12 AM   #1
IdahoG36

My first experience with Glock customer service

A couple of months ago, I purchased a used Glock 30SF for $400 at my LGS. It was made in 2008, and was in great condition.

It came with factory Glock marked night sights, which I believe are made by Meprolight. The rear sight was about half as bright as it would be new, and was to be expected being as it was 7 years old. The front sight however, was very dim.

I decided to contact Glock CS via email and asked them what their warranty period was on night sights, as well as explaining the issue with the front sight. I was told that the warranty period was 15 years, and the CS manager advised me to send in the slide to have the sights inspected.

I filled out the paperwork, and included my payment info as well. I was prepared to pay the $55 that Glock charges to for a new set of sights and installation. I figured that this would be the case since I was not the original owner. I thought that maybe they would offer to replace just the front sight under warranty, and again, in that case I would just pay for a set of sights too.

My slide went back to Glock for inspection, and was back in my hands in 10 days. Glock installed a brand new set of night sights, as well as providing me with the newest style recoil spring free of charge!

This was my first experience with Glock CS, and they definitely exceeded my expectations by a mile. They certainly did not have to do what they did for me, but it is definitely much appreciated.
Old May 18, 2015, 06:37 AM   #2
Slimjim9

Awesome. Good to hear kudos instead of always hearing of complaints.
Old May 18, 2015, 09:02 AM   #3
Skeets
Member in memoriam

Wow,almost same issue as OP,but my G26 was up and running in two weeks. Future close decisions to Glock due to customer service.
Old June 10, 2015, 03:16 PM   #4
deadcoyote

A little different but when my agency switched from 3rd gen smiths to GLock 23's my chief initially demanded we get pistols with the (+) connectors installed, meaning 8.5# break instead of 5.5#. Later, when the chief tried one of the pistols out he said he didnt like it, modified the policy and said we could use standard connectors.

I sent an email to our areas Glock LE rep, asked him how much it would cost for 34 standard connectors shipped to our address so I can send up a request for funding to buy said connectors. a week or so later a box showed up with the connectors in a bag along with a screen print of my email. Just said dont worry about it and thanks for choosing glock.
Old June 11, 2015, 05:25 AM   #5
dirtd0g

I very rarely here about Glock customer service experiences because it seems as if so few need them!

Good to hear they rock!
Old June 11, 2015, 11:40 AM   #6
NRA-LIFE-MEMBER

I had to contact Glock CS only once, and it was a very pleasurable experience - they did what needed to be done.